PDA

View Full Version : kwik fit

bernard
19-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi

Has anyone seen the advert from kwik fit "10% better performance from your car A/C or your money back.

My brother inlaw popped in for new tyres and mentioned his car A/C didn,t work.So they checked it out and found it had no refrigerant 30 mins later they said it was fixed.two days later A/c dosen,t work.!!!

Regards Bernard

Chunk
19-06-2008, 10:06 PM
But his tyres are still good though.Thats the main thing.:confused:

Radlam
20-06-2008, 09:46 AM
So they clearly found the leak then didnt they!! Charging a system without checking for leaks, surely thats illegal :P

This is what happens when you allow monkeys at Kwik Fit to play with refrigerants who have passed a 1 day course.

philfridge
20-06-2008, 03:36 PM
This is what happens when you allow monkeys at Kwik Fit to play with refrigerants who have passed a 1 day course.

[/quote]
This is a good point :(.Only one of these kwik fit fitters in a depot has undergone the one day course. All the rest of the "kids" just do the gassing up etc under his certificate !!. What a complete joke. :mad:

sinewave
20-06-2008, 07:04 PM
You 'can't get quicker than a Kwik Crap Fitter'!

Daddy Cool
26-06-2008, 12:13 PM
You must be joking, these boy can teach us all a few things about fridge! Let me quote their statement 'If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% - then you pay nothing at all.'

So, lets say the coolest vent has air off at +6°C, lets make that +279°K as we use SI units in the UK. So a 10% reduction means air off at +251°K (-22°C) now that's good, you have to agree!?!

Argus
26-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi

Has anyone seen the advert from kwik fit "10% better performance from your car A/C or your money back.

My brother inlaw popped in for new tyres and mentioned his car A/C didn,t work.So they checked it out and found it had no refrigerant 30 mins later they said it was fixed.two days later A/c dosen,t work.!!!

Regards Bernard

Did he get his money back?

Karl Hofmann
26-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Thick Fit can argue that they do carry out a leak check.. The management station pulls a vacuum and then monitors the vacuum.. Provided that it maintains a prescribed vac for a set number of minutes, then it is deemed to have no leak. Take the car back and complain, and they will argue that your vehicle has since developed a leak and is nothing to do with them... Give a chimp an electronic gizmo and they are suddenly an expert... May as well chuck my Nitrogen regulator and sniffer in the bin, they are too good for me. :rolleyes: