PDA

View Full Version : carrier vvt problem

declan simmonds
19-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Hello to all
I have a problem with a old vvt system. basically the system is a package heat pump on the roof supplying air into duct work into various rooms and zone dampers open and close into certain rooms/ areas.
The problem is that i have a zone damper problem which is on the controller, So i ordered a new zone damper assembly but the new zone damper is not the same as the older type. the physical size is the same but the wires that go from the controller to the zone damper are not the same,
There are about 20 wires also
I have a wiring diagram with the new zone damper which is a ZD8 zone damper.
but there is no wiring diagram on the old zone damper it just shows a picture of the zone damper nothing more.
I have spoken to carrrier themselves and to no avail
they dont have a clue customer service is a non starter really plus the system is so old that no one has a clue how it really operates and but there willing to sell you the parts with no back up

i hope to here your reponses if any cheers
declan

frank
19-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Declan

I used to look after one of these nightmares but a couple of years ago I got the nod to rip it out and fit a Daikin VRV instead - boy, did I get Pi**ed that night :D

Anyway, I can't give you any wiring diagrams, just to say that when we ripped it out, I saved all of the controllers, including the Master. So, if you need a replacement controller, drop me a PM and it's yours, FOC.

declan simmonds
19-06-2008, 09:20 PM
cheers frank for your help yes it is a nightmare These systems are a good idea that doesnt work properly. hopefully there is some carrier techie out there than can help me in my hour of need.

comfortzone214
28-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Frank,
I need a monitor stat and a relay board for a gen2 vvt system. Can u help me?
Mike

frank
28-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Mike

Welcome to the forum.

I only saved the controllers. The rest was a pile of junk so it was scrapped.

I can post a photo of the controllers if you think it's one of those that you need.