PDA

View Full Version : Aaaargh Mcquay!!!

pb smash
17-06-2008, 06:53 PM
HI, new to site so go easy. Am in need of advice on a Mcquay ALS "D" 460.4, been dropped in deep end after Mcquay started just refusing to attend. Some time ago the controller stopped seeing a sys 4, and before me, everything and i mean everything has been replaced, boards, eeprom, expansion valve driver and still it just wont see sys 4!!! The pLAN light flashes where others are solid(sys1,2,3). Have checked parameters and programmed 4 circuits 2 evaps so pretty sure thats all good.Am convinced its just a couple of the right sequence and right order of pushing buttons away from working!!! Mcquay wont help, checked all dip switches against manuals ok, what the hell is this chillers problem!!!

chemi-cool
17-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Why not choose a good controller from www.dixell.com and put it to work?

i chill for example?

i always throw away the original stupid controllers and install dixell and never have problems again.

And no, they dont pay me, they are simple and good.

nike123
17-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Why not choose a good controller from www.dixell.com (http://www.dixell.com) and put it to work?

i chill for example?

Or proven Carels µChiller, pCO! (http://www.carel.com/carelcom/web/eng/catalogo/gamma_dett.jsp?id_gamma=4&id_applicazione=2)

chemi-cool
17-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Or proven Carels µChiller, pCO!

True, just as good

Grizzly
17-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Welcome pb smash.

I have uploaded the dip switch settings for a Microtech 2.
If this is of use to you I could email you the Field Installation procedure manual for the Microtech 2.

I know it only refers to 2 comps.
But hopefully it is a step nearer clarification?
Cheers Grizzly

pb smash
18-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Cheers Grizzly, gonna get to the bottom of this!!!

Seems like it may be more than dip switch settings. Swapping controllers to a dixell is not an option although thanks for the input!

Any one out there had any experience with the ALS460.4 chiller, or more cruitially, the Carell Microtech controller and the pLAN expansion valve driver. I have convinced myself its a communication error between the main controller and the sys4 board, but have exhausted all possibilities without a McQuay engineer attending site - which I'm sure will result in some kind of button pushing sequence and all hail super halls engineer!!!!!!!!

Lowrider
19-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Or proven Carels µChiller, pCO! (http://www.carel.com/carelcom/web/eng/catalogo/gamma_dett.jsp?id_gamma=4&id_applicazione=2)

guess what? That's the same as is in there!!

McQuay is sh*t and so is there service!

The only thing good on a McQuay is the paint job! the rest, forget about it!

Look for the oil filter! If you can find it, tell me your thoughts!

schlinba
23-06-2008, 02:09 PM
My name is Ben Schlinsog. I work for McQuay in Minneapois, MN. I don't know if I can help, but I would like to try and put you in contact with the correct person so you get the support you need. Can you supply your name, phone number, complete unit model and serial number?

GHAZ
23-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello Schlinba many a times i tried to find info on mcquay screw comps, eg how they operate and external fittings,but no luck.Iwould be grateful if you have any info,thankyou

Lowrider
26-06-2008, 07:39 PM
这是新加的空白文章1,可以在UBB可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING?:D

Walshyd
26-07-2008, 01:53 PM
guess what? That's the same as is in there!!

McQuay is sh*t and so is there service!

The only thing good on a McQuay is the paint job! the rest, forget about it!

Look for the oil filter! If you can find it, tell me your thoughts!

As an ex Mcquay engineer i totally agree with the first coment but im afraid to say there is oil filters fitted to both the frame 2 and the frame four you just need to know where to look!

Walshyd
26-07-2008, 01:58 PM
If the controls are a Microtec then the number of systems is set by the model number in misalliance mask should be around 24 or 25 but this has a sporlan EXV not the Plan as the plan is only fitted to the new PCO controller and this has two motherboards fitted to it and you need to toggle between these boards via the front end. i do have some info on the microtec and the PCO if you can confirm a model no etc oh and refrigerant

HallsEngineer
19-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Got this link but you didn't get it from me roight!! it shows dip switch settings :p for all controllers oh and its in english http://www.mcquay.ru/downloads/MTech%20II_sm.pdf

wilko123
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
:o:o:oCan someone tell me if they have a toublehooting manual or service buletin For ALSD229 Chiller. Having major problems trying to change an input/output board where one problem persits after another one!!!!

my hair is falling out rapidly