PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Quatro Control Menu

Phil04169
17-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I have just bought Samsung's flagship QUATRO the 2 x door 2 x Drawer, 4 x seperate evap side by side for home. All specs and reviews seemed v good.

Need to find out how to get into the programe of the controller and if the temp parameters can be played with.
The drawers have 4 x set temp zones but none are keeping within the temp range specified.
Eg: Set to (Chill -1) actual = 2 set fridge to 3 actual 5
Havn't touched a domestic appliance for about 20 years, only commercial Coca-Cola refrigeration and Samsung are not being very helpful. Cheers,

drew71
20-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Phil, welcome to RE

As the appliance is in warranty you would be best to book a service call & have the local service agent make the changes, that way there will be a service record of what is done.

there is a service locator by postcode on Samsungs Australian website.

if you still have no joy, send me a message

Cheers

Drew

Phil04169
21-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Cheers Drew, I realise it's still with warranty, and have spoken to two Samsung agents in my area, thing is neither were very interested, (Samsung as well) I managed to get to speak with a tech manager at Samsung and he informed me that he would need to ask the factory as he was under the belief that the drawers are fixed in temp range and not incrementally adjustable within the PCB. Have I just been spoilt with more accurate commercial gear and the ability to tweak EMS and Carell controller sub menu parameters? Is it acceptable for the digital display to be 3 to 4 degrees +/- or am I within my rights to have this thing read accuratly. I guess it's annoying knowing that it shoud be better and not able to fiddle with it myself particularly considering the damn thing cost nearly 5000!

drew71
24-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Phil

best to take this off list, please enable your private messages.

cheers

Drew

Phil04169
28-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi All, placed a number of HoBo's in the cabinet, and getting some interesting readings. eg:Freezer set to -15 and have readings over 5 days ranging from -16 to -26, also the top drawer inside the Arctic drawer with it set to "Cool" (approx 3deg) ranges from 2 to 9deg which again seems to be a huge TD particularly for electronic sensors. Still measuring 5 other probes and will have downloads on Tuesday. Any thoughts would be appreciated.