PDA

View Full Version : shining kfr50 qw fault ??? Help!

mowbrey77
13-06-2008, 01:34 PM
hello, ive got a shining cassette wireless remote kfr50qw with a constant flashing green light on the run button, its flashing non stop without any pauses between flashes so not 7 times every 8 secounds etc, it works for around half hour then starts to flash and cooling stops but fan still runs, the flashing light stays on if i turn unit off by remote control, the only way to reset is to turn power off for around 30 secounds then on again , and 30 mins after, flahes again, please help!! i have a screaming customer, and no help from shining support?! thankyou for any help, j

airefresco
13-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Does then fan go in to super slow speed a couple of minutes before going into fault?

I had a similar fault last years, but the unit would run for about 10 minutes before going into fault. Turned out to be the drain sensor.

I assumed youīve checked all the regular stuff like pressures and fans and what not?

Brian_UK
13-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Have you tried this one...

support@shining.com.cn

mowbrey77
14-06-2008, 11:32 AM
thanks for replying so quick, i tried that email from shining, but no reply?, do i have to type ing chinese?! or do they understand english, silly question, but if youve tried them ?, also alfresco, thankyou for reply, what did you do to rectify drain sensor, new one? or adjusted sensor , im just a trainee, well just started 2 months ago, detailed if you have the time, as im a bit stupid at the mo, also dident notice fan going slower, but will check on monday, when im there, i checked the pressures , a bit low, was going to top up monday, but dident think too much as to go into fault. told you im stupid!

The Viking
14-06-2008, 11:51 AM
was going to top up monday

Better not as you are in UK.

You will have to find/repair the leak first and prove that the system no longer has any leaks on it.
Then you can add charge to it.

But you already knew this as you do have your safe handling...
:cool:

sinewave
14-06-2008, 01:46 PM
just a trainee, well just started 2 months ago, detailed if you have the time, as im a bit stupid at the mo

:eek:

Don't put your self down mate, we are all still learning till we retire.

If you're a Trainee why is your company not helping youi with this?

:mad:

airefresco
15-06-2008, 01:14 AM
The unit I worked on wasnīt a Shining it was a Tango, but itīs the same unit, just a different badge. I couldnīt get a replacement sensor for it, Tango told me to clean the drip tray and pump and it would work, which it didnīt. So we ripped it out and put a Daikin in instead.

At first I thought the pressures were a little low too on the unit I was working on. But it turned out that when the system first started they were normal. It was only when the fan went into the super-slow speed that pressures started to drop and it looked as if it was low on gas. You really need someone at the indoor unit to start the unit while you are at the outdoor unit watching the gauges.

Thereīs also some LEDīs on the outdoor PCB, if my memory serves me correct, that will tell you the fault code, when it goes into fault. The fault code list is on a sticker on the back of the cover, as well as how to access them. I think you go through the memory to list previous fault codes (at least thatīs what It says on the Outdoor unit) but I couldnīt get that to work. I might be thinking of the wrong unit for this bit though, so donīt spend a lot of time trying find the codes.

mowbrey77
17-06-2008, 11:50 PM
hi everyone, havent been sent back to unit yet, but still havent got any reply from shining support, on another thread about shining fault codes, it has run light fault code sequances but not them , so thinking maybe might be a general fault code? i know! whats general,? i think i will just have to try and fault find with the help of the guy working with me., by the way, its still under warrenty, 3 months old, any thoughts on that?

Brian_UK
18-06-2008, 08:52 PM
.... 3 months old, any thoughts on that?Oh c r a p ;)

It seems to be a failing of all new manufacturers/re-badgers not to supply proper instruction/service manuals as required (by law??):eek:

frank
18-06-2008, 09:34 PM
It's allright to slag off manufacturers equipment if it's at fault, BUT, 9 times out of ten, most of the problems can be traced back to poor installation methods.

Now, I don't know Shining at all so I can't comment on their reliability, but we shouldn't just blame the equipment.

Comments??

al
18-06-2008, 09:40 PM
have come across a bunch of these shipped from factory massively over charged, would trip on overload on cooling and on head pressure on heating, other wise check the water level sensor, may just be blocked drain. Have had the pleasure of repairing numerous of these and 9 times out of 10 recovering the charge and weighing back in sorts it.

Frank, i'd have to agree with that but these are very shoddily put together:eek:

al

mowbrey77
23-06-2008, 11:48 PM
hi all, thanks for the replys so far, thought i fixed it, checked for leaks etc , found none, charged to correct pressures and seemed ok, but rather then 10 minutes or 30 minutes before fault, lasted a week, and called back, same thing , al, you say drain level sensor, the ceiling around unit is fixed so would be nice to know were i locate the drain sensor , rather then take the whole ceiling around it off, do i have to get to sensor from were the condensate pipe connects to the unit?, thanks for replying , j, also, frank, im learning mate, im learning, although as you can see, im willing aswell, its know around 11pm, in my own time, my boss will love me if he found out im trying to find answears on the internet, mind you, he might be pished as hes real engineers arent even taking the unit seriously , as you said al, shoddy put together , their refusing to work on it, as they say we should have used daikin or something similer, they keep on saying told you so, or to that effect, anyway, im going to bed, this bloody unit , im going to start dreaming of fixing it!, goodnight all

airefresco
24-06-2008, 08:48 AM
The sensor is a bit tricky to get to, but not impossible. You need to remove the the indoor PCB, Fan and all the plastic covers. Then you will be able to see the drain pump. You may have to remove the drip tray aswell, but I canīt remember for sure, try with it in first. The sensor is located in the same box as the pump.

An easier way to test it though, before you go removing everything, is if the unit is in fault or is tripping again as before, then remove the drain plug (black rubber thing) from the drip tray and drain all the water out and try again. IF the unit runs after that, then itīs the pump or possibly the sensor.

To me, it doesnīt sound like a faulty drain sensor if the unit worked after you recharged it. Sounds more like a gas problem or something on the refrigeration side to me. Did the unit have the LEDS on the outdoor unit?

HECOMAN
24-06-2008, 10:46 AM
your can search in thread ,I found shining fault codes.

KFR-50QW/70QW/120QW
- indoor air inlet temp sensor error: RUN light flash 1 time per 8 seconds
- indoor coil temp sensor error: RUN light flash 2 times per 8 seconds
- cooling system error: RUN light flash 3 times per 8 seconds
- overload protection: RUN light flash 4 times per 8 seconds
- communication error: RUN light flash 7 times per 8 seconds

may be can help.