PDA

View Full Version : RC Group chillers

jonb
12-06-2008, 12:37 AM
New to the site so sorry if in wrong section. A couple of questions.
I have just started new job in Russia and got RC group chillers with Copeland compressors.
Firstly, while carrying out an initial inspection i found that there seems to be oil in the refrigeration system.
Secondly, i have been told that the condensate water pressure is very irratic and is constantly overpressurizing then will drop depending on amount of stages running.
If anyone can help as never worked on RC group chillers. Is this a common problem.
No documentation available as i think locals using as loft insulation. lol.

philfridge
12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Firstly, while carrying out an initial inspection i found that there seems to be oil in the refrigeration system.

:( Why would you not expect this oil to be there?

nike123
12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
New to the site so sorry if in wrong section.
Hi, welcome to RE!

A couple of questions.
I have just started new job in Russia and got RC group chillers with Copeland compressors.
Firstly, while carrying out an initial inspection i found that there seems to be oil in the refrigeration system.If there is no oil in refrigeration system, compressor life expectancy would be 5 minutes. Or it is Turbocor (Danfoss, not Copeland) compressor inside of unit?:confused:

Secondly, i have been told that the condensate water pressure is very irratic and is constantly overpressurizing then will drop depending on amount of stages running.That depend on type of condensation temperature regulation. What is in your case? Describe your condensation system!

If anyone can help as never worked on RC group chillers. Is this a common problem.What is model no?

jonb
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I knew as soon as posted that someone would say you need oil in system. I mis-stated, there is large amounts of oil, siteglass black. I understand that there is oil in system.
nike123 - The compressor is DWM Copeland D6SH-350X.
The condensation system is pump, chiller, dry coolers, heat exchanger controlled by a honeywell automation system.
The model of the RC unit is Modello, no number on nameplate.
Thanks for the response.

nike123
12-06-2008, 10:24 PM
The model of the RC unit is Modello, no number on nameplate.

Could you find here your model?
General catalog (http://www.rcgroup.hu/RCGeneralkat.pdf)

nike123
12-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I knew as soon as posted that someone would say you need oil in system. I mis-stated, there is large amounts of oil, siteglass black. I understand that there is oil in system.

Oil should be checked after system stabilize in full load condition.

jonb
13-06-2008, 07:54 AM
The chiller was probably manufactured specially for the project as we have extreme conditions.
The info is
Model-Modello
Unita Serie
FRIGO.W.NRM
204.F.2.G3
Can't find anything in catalogue that looks anything like what we have.
After carrying out several trials it seems as it likely to be an automation problem so gonna get Honeywell back to check.
Cheers for the help