PDA

View Full Version : ammonia tubing

Rajkumar
11-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Dear All,

Is there any manufacturer of flexible tubing for ammonia LP/Hp/Op switches.

rajkumar

US Iceman
11-06-2008, 01:38 PM
What you are looking for is small charging hoses. Instead of the larger versions used for pumping refrigerant into the system, you simply want a much smaller one.

So what ever you use for for charging a system would work for the pressure switches, although I would ask for armored hoses with stainless steel braiding on them for abrasion protection.

Tycho
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
What you are looking for is small charging hoses. Instead of the larger versions used for pumping refrigerant into the system, you simply want a much smaller one.

So what ever you use for for charging a system would work for the pressure switches, although I would ask for armored hoses with stainless steel braiding on them for abrasion protection.

Not sure I would use any kind of "rubber" hoses on ammonia.

we use armoured hydraulic hoses for charging ammonia, as long as it's gas it's fine, but after two or three uses with liquid ammonia they start getting "eaten up" I have taken them apart at the places they start leaking, no material missing, seems like the ammonia goes through the material.

I would rather go with the 3mm steel pipes that come with the danfoss KP15A, or the MP55A.

They can also be purchased seperately.

or I would use plain old 6mm pipe

Rajkumar
12-06-2008, 06:03 AM
I am looking for tubing for pressure gauges and Safety switches.

We normally uses 6mm steel pipe. Can we use flexible tubing for the same?

Who are the manufacturer of the same?

keepitcool
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't think it is a good idea to try any permanent installation of flexible tubing. If the steel tubing is corroding I recommend seamless stainless steel tubing as a replacement.

Rajkumar
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for solution

keepitcool
12-06-2008, 12:06 PM
If this is the direction you plan to take please make sure that you choose the right compression fitting. I use "Swagelok". Good Luck.

US Iceman
12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
My preference is the use of stainless steel seamless hydraulic tubing and the Swagelok tubing fittings. Then if you use a tubing bender to install the tubing in nice manner they tubing will last for a long time.

You do have to be careful with the mounting of the tubing to ensure it does not rub on other surfaces also.

Can't say I have seen a charging hose start to leak after three uses though.

Tycho
12-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Didnt have time to look it up yesterday, but here's the link to the tube I was talking about.

http://www.danfoss.com/Products/ProductFinder/ProductFinder.aspx?segment=RA&country=Global&codeno=060-007866

US Iceman
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks Tycho ;). The hoses in the link look similar to something Copeland had about 20 years ago. For ***** components I liked this approach a lot better than the small copper capillaries on the pressure switches.

nike123
12-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Tycho ;). The hoses in the link look similar to something Copeland had about 20 years ago. For ***** components I liked this approach a lot better than the small copper capillaries on the pressure switches.
But, these are made for pressure switches!
Internal diameter is about 1,5-2mm. They are wider only at fittings (about 3-4cm long on each flare).

US Iceman
13-06-2008, 02:42 AM
But, these are made for pressure switches!

Thanks what I thought too.:)

RANGER1
13-06-2008, 10:15 AM
The danfoss capilliary connections are good for transducers , gauges and pressure switches. They dampen pressure flucuations which can cause damage (like a transducer on liquid pump discharge if it cavitates causes premature failure).They are cadmium plated, but stainless tube lasts forever and always looks good.

Miroky
14-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I would like to ask if You have any catalogues with technical data for freezing tunnels and if yes, can You provide these catalogues for me. If not, can You please tell me or give me directions where I can find the information I need.
Thank You in advance
Regards,
eng. Miroslava Rasheva

:D