PDA

View Full Version : R12 in New Zealand

tonto33
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi guys got customer moving to new zealand soon and wants to know if they can take there freezer with them it runs on R12 just wondering if new zealand will allow it.As someone told me that they do not allow CFC gases

Argus
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

Not the point at all.

It is illegal to EXPORT CFCs from the EU (that includes the UK).

I can't believe that new fridges are so expensive in N Z that it's an economic proposition to export any fridge, never mind an old banger with R 12 in it.

I'd forget it.

Abe
15-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Might have sentimental value Argus
and, Old is Gold

Magoo
15-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Do not even attempt to ship R12 here, you will be dumped on hugely and it will cost you heaps, could even cost your friend possible entry. Our Greenish Govt signed everything, from Suva to Kyoto to Montryol and some, we ouzz eco-friendly what ever.
magoo

Magoo
15-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Magoo again,
Why would anyone ship anything half way around the world, what ever it is. My recommendation would be to sell everything before you leave and travel with clothes only. [ok sentimental stuff excluded] We see it so often here, that the cost of shipping fare out ways the actual replacement costs here, add, its new stuff here. Just to add a note: we discovered shoes and knives and forks recently, and we do not wear grass skirts anymore [draughty on sensitive bits ]. Plus the local iwi will not eat you, very friendly people, most of the time.
magoo

jafa1402
21-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Been there done that. The customer has bought a space in a 40 foot container and needs/wants to get the most out of it. It doesnt make a difference if its half full so everything goes.
As for the freezer , you wont be able to get spares for it. Hotpoint and Electrolux arn't sold here and most of the UK makes have models that are different.
PS the TV wont work, as the audio/video channel seperation are different but you can get SKY decoders which plug in through the AV , what we did. The phone works the same as will all the other electrical.