PDA

View Full Version : TK Spectrum controller programming

Lenny
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
What kind of programming options do these european dual-temp units have? I am pulling a reefertrailer with Spectrum unit and itīs behaving quite strangely and using a lot of fuel. It is switching between low speed and high speed all the time even if the product loading temperature has been exactly the same as required transport temperature.
We asked our local TK service here in Finland do something about it but they said everything is ok, nothing can be done. That is a common answer from them when they are not interested or have no knowledge to do something.

Lenny
17-06-2008, 05:48 PM
No-one knows?
I mean same kind of options as Optiset II has on TK SL 400. Reefer-Tek and Nova wrote about those earlier. Like Fuel Saver II that delays the high-speed mode etc.

Big John
18-06-2008, 01:46 PM
speak to your dealer again, does the unit have DAS fitted?

absolute-zero
22-06-2008, 05:28 PM
TK Spectrums with MP4 do support FSII, High speed pull down, low speed switch point, and other misc smart set features.

New Spectrum SR2 have a full optiset menu for you to to set up fuel and temperature management.

My advice for you, is to get your self green Operation diagnostic manual and read through section 3 and 4 for more details on custom parameter settings.;)

A-Z

daniel ox
23-06-2008, 12:13 PM
What kind of programming options do these european dual-temp units have? I am pulling a reefertrailer with Spectrum unit and itīs behaving quite strangely and using a lot of fuel. It is switching between low speed and high speed all the time even if the product loading temperature has been exactly the same as required transport temperature.
We asked our local TK service here in Finland do something about it but they said everything is ok, nothing can be done. That is a common answer from them when they are not interested or have no knowledge to do something.
hi, lenny, well bloke there are many things to cause this problem. firstly how many hours has this unit done?? i have found that units that have done over 10000 hrs are usins a lot of fuel and staying in high speed due to the host unit hot gas valves and liquid line solenoids being just worn out, this is noticed through checking the td on zone one when the problem happens, it should be at neg 4.5 to 5 degrees c if any lower id bet its the valves, the other thing to watch is the return air sensors on both zones, if ones jumping then do the same, your dealler can download the unit, get a copy off them then look at what the return air is doning, thats all i can suggest at the moment but good luck

Lenny
21-07-2008, 04:20 PM
OK, back from the summer holiday, did some "data logging" during the trip from Spain to Finland. Unit engine hours 5799, electric hours 3704 before loading, model year 2003.
Transport temp +4c zone 1, +10c zone 2. Cargo loading temperature +3-+5,5 zone 1, +7-+11 zone 2, outside temperature +30c.
When temperature in zone 1 reached 4,6c unit started to cool down and went to high speed mode. At that moment temperature difference was -3,1c. After it reached 3,6c it went to idle and td was -8,7c. It took about 10-15 minutes until the temperature was 4,6c again and the high speed mode started again. At idle zone 1 was not cooling at all. Zone 2 was cooling also at idle. I think there should be enough capacity to keep the temperature in both zones also at idle because the cargo was well cooled down before loading. And why zone 1 is only cooling when in high speed?
The average fuel consumption of the trip was 3,1L/hour.

absolute-zero
30-07-2008, 01:12 PM
OK, back from the summer holiday, did some "data logging" during the trip from Spain to Finland. Unit engine hours 5799, electric hours 3704 before loading, model year 2003.
Transport temp +4c zone 1, +10c zone 2. Cargo loading temperature +3-+5,5 zone 1, +7-+11 zone 2, outside temperature +30c.
When temperature in zone 1 reached 4,6c unit started to cool down and went to high speed mode. At that moment temperature difference was -3,1c. After it reached 3,6c it went to idle and td was -8,7c. It took about 10-15 minutes until the temperature was 4,6c again and the high speed mode started again. At idle zone 1 was not cooling at all. Zone 2 was cooling also at idle. I think there should be enough capacity to keep the temperature in both zones also at idle because the cargo was well cooled down before loading. And why zone 1 is only cooling when in high speed?

Lenny,
Send me a download if you can.

Lenny
18-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Problem is now solved! Factory default settings were High Speed Pulldown On and Fuel Saver II Off. Guy at dealer switched FS II ON and later I switched HSPD Off myself. I think HSPD made the biggest difference, FS II is just smoothing it even more.

SteinarN
18-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the information. I thought the high speed pulldown was active only on the first initial pulldown, not on every subsequent cooling cycle.

High speed consumes a lot more fuel than low speed. Other instances where the reefer should run in low speed only is when only the remote compartment is cooling regardless of the return temp and setpoint. The capasity is practically the same both in high and low speed with only the remote evaporator cooling, but fuel consumption is much larger in high speed.

Lenny
18-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Now it switches to high speed only when the temperature difference is 5c or more. Earlier it went always to high speed when zone 1 started to cool down and it didnt cool at all in low speed. I think zone 2 didnt have any effect on high/low speed mode. I think high speed pulldown is only beneficial in frozen cycle/sentry.

igorv
18-09-2008, 09:58 PM

hi,
I've read for your problem and i will gave you one preposition. if you in position change the controler. I can tell you what is going on with your spectrum. probably someone like me has change the controller on your container. for sure it is damaget from electrical velding without removing of the wireless. I've changed a couple of them.
sorry for my bad english

Lenny
23-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the information. I thought the high speed pulldown was active only on the first initial pulldown, not on every subsequent cooling cycle.

SteinarN, I think you are right, I was wrong! I didnt test it long enough before I changed HSPD OFF. Tested it again with HSPD OFF and FS II OFF and it started to pump the rpm between high and low again like earlier. So the FS II did make the biggest difference, sorry for the false information.

abbsnowman
01-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Sorry for the delay buddy, your info is on it's way!