PDA

View Full Version : need help! compressor kicking out on high pressure

SloFuse
08-06-2008, 04:37 AM
I dealing with a compressor to cool a production area.It has 3 low velosity blowers.It has a big leak.I thought it must be in a blower. I pumped down. Pumped in nitro. I got pressures up to 350 pounds. Thinking i would hear leak in one of blowers. I am charging a drum of r22 every week. I didnt hear anything from blowers. I seen oil leaking out of compressor plate on bottom of compressor under oil glass. I don't see that being my leak, it should be a leak in high side. I don't see any leaks in the sloinoid or exspanion valves. I vacuumed for 2 1/2 hours. opened high side valve to start compressor. low side read 45 lbs. high side 325.It was 85 degrees ambiant temp. high side should been must lower because it way under charged. Has I was charging the high side kept kicking ouy on high temp. I pressure was condensor coil. It is still kicking out on high temp. Did I let nitro in system. Please help!!!!!

paul pursehouse
08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
I would suggest the oil glass would be a good place to start,where there is oil there will also be a refrigerant leak

powell
08-06-2008, 07:09 AM
The message I get from your post is that you pumped it down probably by closing the king valve on the receiver outlet and then front seating the suction service valve. You did not say you removed the refrigerant.

When you pressure tested the system with nitro using the above method, you would not have included the condenser, receiver and compressor.

As paul stated, where's there oil, there is a leak. You might have air in the system due to the leak on the low side (bottom plate / oil sight glass).

Remove all the refrigerant, find and repair the oil/refrigerant leak, pull a vacumn on the complete system and recharge the system with virgin gas.

kaelte_technik
08-06-2008, 09:59 AM
You can use the old fashion way by using soap suds to determined if the oil you see is the area where the leak is.

Would suggest in your next time you do leak test never do a nitro test if there is still refrigerant in the system, possibility it might blend in thru faulty hand valves or by pass in solenoid valves.

albionharley
08-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Yep - would deff go for air in the system. And the oil sight glass leaking sounds good to me. Does the compressor ever pull into a vac ? and what is your lp switch set at?

taz24
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
you say you are charging a drum every week.
In the UK refirigerant comes in cylinders of about 10kg, 60kg and then we have what we call a pig that hold 1000kg (a metric tonn).
If you are putting 10kg to 60kg of R22 in the system a week you have a very large leak or lots and lots of smaller leaks.
Does the system normally run on a vacumm. If not then the non condensable is almost definately nitrogen and it has got into the system when you pressureised it, either by a passing valve or a mistake while carrying out the task.
Shut the system down, valve off the condenser and do a standing pressure test to see if you have noncondensables in there.

Cheers taz.

icecube51
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
maybe hill have to try a leakdetector whit colorand.
if there's a leak hill see it whit a fluor lamp.

also try to detect whit lower presion,then the tubes stays normal.

whe test them on one meter watercolum,then whe raise the pressor.

Ice

kiwifridgie
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
maybe you should call in someome who actually knows what they are doing. even a 10kg jug a week is a big leak. stop destroying our planet and get the system fixed by a real fridgie.

nike123
08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
maybe you should call in someome who actually knows what they are doing. even a 10kg jug a week is a big leak. stop destroying our planet and get the system fixed by a real fridgie.

Check date!.........

NwBurbs
10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
So my friend you now have a game plan.

1) Leak Test

2) Use Leak detector, bubbles, and it might not hurt to use dye for future leaks

3) Nice vacuum.

4) Let'er rip!!!

Yuri B.
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Let us be less egoistic and lazy and give others known the issue of the problem we ask them advise about. Hopefully, SloFuse stays himself sound and safe.

icecube51
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
HEY GUYS,
is he still pumping a drum a week in the unit ??? or did he find what was wrong in the first place. i think it must be something stupid,because whe don't here anything from the guy anymore ( L.O.L)

Ice

tez jags
12-05-2009, 07:48 PM
sounds like to me if your getting high pressure readings like that , then you could have nitrogen in the system.In regards to the leak you should have found it with 350 psi of pressure , has it got a pressure release valve and blowing it of that way due to possible non condensables in system.

icecube51
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
hey tez jags,
i think we will never now what happend,but, by the way, welcome.

Ice

Shibhrac
19-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I would suggest where there is oil there will also be a refrigerant leak as most said. you should have made leak test free test by vaccum gauge if there is a leak it will tell you but you will only be able to detrmine the leak locations by positive pressure test.

Silhouette
19-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Gentlemen, Check the date of the original post!!
As Nike123 has already suggested!

08/06/2008!!!

sedgy
19-08-2009, 04:46 PM
why was it put back on this page19-8-09