PDA

View Full Version : Coldroom

Ray Ang SM
08-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi,

May I know how to do sizing for coldroom?

Toolman
08-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Yes pick a size you want then the sizer of the system can be worked out . If you already have unit ( condensing and fan coil matched ) left over from somewhere , most wholesalers will help you with the capacity and what size room it will cool .

nike123
08-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi,

May I know how to do sizing for coldroom?

You say that you are technician.
What is your present knowledge about refrigeration and about demands for proper sizing of cold rooms and their belonging refrigeration plants?

kaelte_technik
08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
You can choose what ever size you want as long as evaporator can fit in. You must determine also if this will be use in a low temp or medium temp application, but as a rule you can use 600 Watts as the load per cu. meter so that you can have the refrigeration load for the entire room and you will have now the basis to size your evaporator and condensing unit

nike123
08-06-2008, 09:07 AM
You can choose what ever size you want as long as evaporator can fit in. You must determine also if this will be use in a low temp or medium temp application, but as a rule you can use 600 Watts as the load per cu. meter so that you can have the refrigeration load for the entire room and you will have now the basis to size your evaporator and condensing unit

That is right. And all of engineering behind sizing of proper equipment is for fools. Just apply rule of thumb
as a rule you can use 600 Watts as the load per cu. meter and you are good engineer. Let to the customer to pay for your ignorance.:(:mad:

icecube51
08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
i have read a few postings weeks ago,there are no dumb questions only dumb answers.;)

in this case it has to be;

there are no dumb questons,only dumb "men" who ask them.:p

grtz, Ice

Ray Ang SM
09-06-2008, 11:33 PM
thank guy:)

philfridge
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM
You can choose what ever size you want as long as evaporator can fit in.

This is as dumb as the question :D

icecube51
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
if you want a cold room,a few questions; where is it for? wat do you want to ceep cool??
how big it have to be,in meters or volume ?? howmany doors or entry's you want??? how many times are you going to open the door(s)??? how many times you gone put new stuff in ??? and at wich temp ??? where are you going to locate the room , nord and shady ?? south and plenty of sun ??? indoors or outdoors ??? wat is the distance of sealevel ??
is there going to work people or other machinery inside ??? is there going to by lights and wat kind ???

or you just want a big standard refrigerator ???:o

ICE:cool:

Peter_1
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
So many questions Icecube51?;)
Man, man, man toch wat lopen er toch pakken foefelaars rond.
Translated: what an interesting thread this is. :p
Some questions Icecube51 asked are most important to size the equipment: mass load, entering temperature, cooling time, desired temperature..
Icecube51, van waar ben jij ergens in de Vloanders?

Brian_UK
10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I think that the answer to the original question is -

You may find how to size a cold room by reading a few refrigeration books, food storage requirement tables and lots and lots of practice and learning.

It is not a simple subject that can be learnt overnight by reading a few answers to an open-ended question.

kaelte_technik
11-06-2008, 03:50 AM
My apologies, correction, it must be 60 Watts per cu. meter

If you have a 22.5 cu. m you will have load for 1.35 kW

nike123
11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
My apologies, correction, it must be 60 Watts per cu. meter

If you have a 22.5 cu. m you will have load for 1.35 kW

Ok, Kaelte!
Look at these two calculations with only two differences (Tin and tcool) , and then said again that your rule of thumb holds water.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/2569947324_8488482320_o_d.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/2569121777_4181991b13_o_d.png

icecube51
11-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Yo Peter,

de beste kant van vloanderen "GENT":p

Cya,

icecube51
11-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Hey Nike,

it looks swell, but if he dont now wat you are talking about, you can send as much nice pictures as you can.for him the stay only just pictures.
you can have the best program in the world,if you dont now how to use or understand it, its worth SH....,:confused:

keep hoping, Ice

Philip
11-06-2008, 08:00 AM
this thread is not enough for you to learn the exact cold room design.I suggest you ask help to the nearest refrigeration distributor in your place..If you were just here sa Pilipinas matutlongan siguro kita.;)

Kh1971
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi,

You have to know that cold room is coming in knock down fourm and this is like wall if you are using sandwish panels and mostly manufacturers using 1.15 m width and then the Height as you wish up to 15 m some times. the main issue is for what do you need to use the cold room for? so if you have space in your store for 3 x 3 say, you well be in need to buy cold room panels with total Sq meter as follow:
A( total area for the panels needed)=(L+W)* 2 * H + L*w( ceiling)+ L*W(floor) and then you well know how many cold room panels you need. for the machine calc you have lot of program which can do for you and yo have to go back for the old post.

Regards

Khalid