PDA

View Full Version : Daikin inverter checker.

on4hf
08-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Hello there,

I was wondering if anybody has a schematic of the inverter checker from Daikin. I have seen pictures of it and I would like to built one myself. I think it only has some resistors and leds on it. Thanks!

Eric.

cool#9
08-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi.
See attachment, this will help
rdgs
cool#9

on4hf
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Hello cool#9,

That's what I was looking for!
It's easy to build one yourself, thanks !!:D

Eric.

cool#9
11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Hello cool#9,

That's what I was looking for!
It's easy to build one yourself, thanks !!:D

Eric.
Hello
Just take care to find exactly the same components and it will run well.
Thanks to RE forum as we can share this kind of information !!
cool#9

icecube51
12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
where do you make the connections???
indoor / outdoor ?? on power or command lines ??

looks very nice, if i now how to use it, it would be complete.can it be used on other brands ??

thnx,:cool:

Ice

Reefer1
12-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Just a word of warning for using these Invertor Checkers. Although they are very good as a quick reference tool you are far better off testing the output voltage between UVW and the DC - terminal with a multi meter.
Most Daikins have a power transistor check mode that will allow the PCB to output voltage for 2 minutes without the compressor being connected.

Trouble with invertor checker is if the voltage output is slightly uneven say:
U -175 VAC
V - 175 VAC
W - 150 VAC
System will fault out, but invertor checker lights will appear normal and you will probably conclude compressor failure incorrectly.

Just my 2 cents worth from working on many Daikins over the years..

SUBCONTRACTOR
14-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Just a word of warning for using these Invertor Checkers. Although they are very good as a quick reference tool you are far better off testing the output voltage between UVW and the DC - terminal with a multi meter.
Most Daikins have a power transistor check mode that will allow the PCB to output voltage for 2 minutes without the compressor being connected.

Trouble with invertor checker is if the voltage output is slightly uneven say:
U -175 VAC
V - 175 VAC
W - 150 VAC
System will fault out, but invertor checker lights will appear normal and you will probably conclude compressor failure incorrectly.

Just my 2 cents worth from working on many Daikins over the years..

Spot on.Checker will tell you yes or no but the instrument will give you values.:D

ewgeny
20-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Is this working on other Invertors?

fridge doctor
20-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes Ewgeny, it works on all inverters irrespective of manufacture.
Icecubes51, you remove the compressor leads and connect them to the device, thereby substituting the tester for the compressor so that the system (electronically speaking) still thinks the compressor is connected and reacts accordingly.

Trevor

Muggsy
20-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I had an inverter PCB fail yesterday on a daikin 10kw split system. It will bring up an 'L5' fault on the controller. The Best way to check if the inverter board has failed is to meter across C1 and C2 which is marked as TP1 on the bottom left hand side of the board. In my case it was a 3phase unit so i should've been getting 580volts across those terminals when the system goes to start, i actually got around 35volts which proved that the board had failed. If it was a single phase unit you should follow the same procedure and you should read 380volts if not then the board has failed. Hope thats been of some use to someone out there!