PDA

View Full Version : Air Con Service logs

sinewave
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
What do others use as an on-site service log book?

We have A4 Multi-service duplicate reports which we fill in a rip out for clients who generaly pop them in to an A4 ring binder but one client has now requested a dedicted Log Book with details of service visits and repairs etc

Does anyone like Viking Direct etc (In the UK) make something suitable or do Peeps just use a standard lined Notebook?

Ta :)

Bash1803
11-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Sinewave,

Generally we use triplicate book for our services reports much in the same way you do but now to comply with the F-Gas regulations we have issued a dedicated site log book which contains all details of plant, repairs services and refrigerant.

R1976
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Who keeps these logs on site as I imagine they would go missing. Also, does that mean you have to find someone to ask where it is each time.

Can these log books be kept at your office and updated there, or does this fail to comply with the f gas regs.

Lippygit
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
If anyone cares to check out the ACRIB website they will give you the information for setting up onsite logbooks .

My interpretation is that under the new F gas regs it is supposed to be the clients responsibility to provide log books , but as I see it most clients are clueless as to the regulations and I also see it as an opportunity to make extra money if you provide the service for them . I do believe that the log books may also be allowed to be electronic as well as physical site log books.
I prefer physical myself aaahhhhhhhhh pen and paper cal me old if you will but pda's and laptops can be a pain