PDA

View Full Version : Too dependent on Danfoss Valves

kelvin_27_84
05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Dear all
Just a brief intro, I am a engineer from Singapore for most (95%) of our projects on industrial refrigeration we have been too dependent on Danfoss for valves and controls, would like to ask if there are any alternatives to Danfoss because I personally have nothing against them, just that nowadays to remain competitive we have to find cheaper alternatives. I have tried Hansen but they do not have the whole range of valves like Danfoss. There are also the lookalikes from jefferson, but think they only supply the USA. Of course I have also heard of HER Valves but they are too expensive. Any suggestion from the floor?

chemi-cool
05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Sporlan

Parker

Egelhof

Saginomia

Alco

And many more. You dont need to relay only on danfoss

Chemi :)

nh3wizard
05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I do not know if Danfoss has changed their design any, but you used to not be able to change from Danfoss to any other makers, or from any other makers to Danfoss unless you made piping changes

RANGER1
06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I believe hanson and parker control and solonoids are interchangable.
Danfoss pilots are interchangable with hansen ie CVP,EVM etc
You could try USA for cheaper danfoss or approach danfoss.
Grasso make stop valves,but you cant go past danfoss for quality simple to maintain valves and controls

Jadeair
06-06-2008, 10:51 AM
A bit more expensive, but I've hardly had trouble with danfoss valves.
Tried Alco valves but have the cappilaries, off the power elements, crack a couple of times.
Not only do I put them in, I have to service them as well...

kelvin_27_84
10-06-2008, 02:39 PM
hi, I believe that there are others, but for us, we use alot of the PMLX and the PMFL valves in our system. We tried with hansen on the so call equivalent "gas compression valves" but we are having problem in the end we spend other big sum just to compensate and replace to Danfoss PMLX and PMFL valves. Also there are alot of other valves that other brands carries but not all the varieties that danfoss have. So we are now at the mercy of Danfoss when they cannot meet the delivery time as promised in the supply chain agreement that we have. Any other alternatives, we have tried Hansen because back in Singapore there is representative on this. Other brands like Jeffersons, asked for quotations but end up they don't reply after much questioning. Well appreciate Chemicool for the brands but I am also afraid that they don't have any support back in Asia.

shrirang_c
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Try Manik ( manikengineers.com) make ref valves.
Ask if they export. They have major market share in India.

chilldis
24-01-2009, 04:53 PM
another alternative valve is Hurl they are made in Germany and in my experience they perform equal to R/S (Parker) and Hanson. Although Danfoss seems to have the better quality.

nh3wizard
24-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I believe Hurl has been purchased by Parker R/S, not a 100% sure but I think that is what I have been told.