PDA

View Full Version : gram probes

richelli
05-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Customer has a Gram model - f625 nmch- 045

This is quite an old upright single door freezer unit. This unit has the hidden button under the gram symbol on the top panel. Needing the condensor probe and evaporator probes. Have tried the ptc and ntc probes that we use for eliwell controllers but these wont work. Have had a price from gram for two probes at nearly £80. I cant believe this price as probes are about £4 for most conrollers. Does any one know a suitable after market probe which works on Gram controllers. Thanks!!!

philfridge
05-06-2008, 03:08 PM
No you gonna have to get them off gram if you want it fixed ;)

richelli
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Well if we have to we will. Just hate paying over the odds for parts from the dealer that you know would cost pennies if you could get them else where. The customer just doesnt see the value for money in two little probes. Such is life!;)

Chunk
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
My Dad used to work for Gram and he says that you will definately need to get original probes.

Or,if you want to you can get them from climate center and they order and stock gram spares.

richelli
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys. All let my boss know and he can decide The customer has no chioce really. Thaks for the quick replies.

Electrocoolman
05-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sure GRAM don't make these probes themselves.
They are bound to be to an industry standard, albeit not NTC or PTC.
Has anyone tried to open up one of these? I think they are covered in heatshrink? They might be a semiconductor device?

bill1983
06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
replace the controller it will be cheaper in the long run