PDA

View Full Version : Change over 2 outdoor unit

bach
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
To all brothers, I'm going to have a new job in the next 2 week. The job will required to change over 2 Carrirer outdoor units.
According to the owner, he said:
The first one is Carrier R410 gas system with the condition of compressor blew off (compressor ran for a few minutes and went off by it self) he installed by himself, after few weeks, the unit completely not bring the air cool to his room any more, the service man was called, after made a high pressure tested,he found there was a leaking at the joint between in and out door. The Carrier made the invoice and went away, this unit avoid all of warranty from manufacture. The the next man was called. After fixed, checked, tested, he began to charge a new R410 gas. But the unit just ran a few minute only.He said: the compressor was blew up. Now the owner calliong me to change over the out door unit. He got 1 old R22 Carrier unit still working very good from he work shop.Both systems are same capacity off 2.5HP. reverse cycle. My question is: Can I install the outdoor R22 unit to the indoor unit ran R410 before? What about different for gas,oil..what about the wiring circuit? they are the same or different? I think all brothers can help me with some suggestions and instructions how to do. Can or can't? and why?Thanks a lot for your help

The Viking
05-06-2008, 08:53 AM
The biggest issue to overcome will be the coil size of the indoor unit.

R410a coils are much smaller than R22 coils of the same duty...

Personally I would walk away from this job.
It was installed by the end-user himself, most likely there were no vacuum pulled at the original install. As the unit is working on R410a, it will also work on a modern synthetic oil, any moisture in that mixture and the oil will become acidic. This is the most likely cause for the compressor failure (without having seen the job)

Good luck

sinewave
05-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Agree.

Fresh instal with new kit or walk away.

chillin out
05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I suggest you forget all about the job and walk away while you still can.

Chillin:):)

icecube51
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
look if the new installation was a inverter type, if it was not, than you can rince the old one, do the same whit the new one,the indoor unit and pipes.
then mount the R22 outdoor,put a filter dryer for burn outs and moist, connect, vacuum and fill upp whit R22 or drop in.:o
just dont give à warranty for suc6, but 9/10 its works nicely,and you gane a happy client.:)
then in a few years you can sell him a new one.:D

good luck, Ice

bach
07-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your advised,this old man is a retired teacher,I think He deserved for a help. Thanks Icecube51 and also The Viking,sinewave, and chillin out for suggested.

Jadeair
07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi Bach,
You must let the owner know that it is illegal to install a split if not licensed.
Thats the reason we spend all the time and money getting trained and buying our equiptment.
Having moved upto a small country town you get all sort of requests, even farmers dragging up old open drive compressors up from their paddock with there tracktors asking if it'll work???
At the end of the day it's your name against the job, make sure you do a good one..
Nice Aussie accent...Regards Jadeair.

icecube51
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
WHERE I HAVE TO GO?????

here its newer,better, best, no more time for experimenting, no more sadisfaction on repairs.
if its brocken,just put a new plant OTB in place:(

and after a few years in bussines the ask stupid questions like , how to repair,or wat is going on.:mad:

the biggest satisfaction is to start from scratch,calculate,compare pieces, build and rebuild it to make it work as it should be working:cool:

Ice

sinewave
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
That's very commendable Icecube51 but in most commercial environments time, money & avoidance of callbcaks is key to a succesfull business module.