PDA

View Full Version : Message notification

750 Valve
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Guys I have private messaging set to email me a notification, but it appears when someone comments on a pic in my gallery or sends a friend request that I do not get notification, I have to go into my User CP to find these things and just by chance noticed comments and friend requests.

Is it possibly to set these up to notify automatically? I use some other Vbulletin forums and they are set to do this, its really handy and saves one seeming rude for not responding.

mazbut
04-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I agree with 750 Valve. the site needs much improvement not only on the private message management but also on some other aspects such as automatic alert or notification email alert whenever someone posts you a reply. I have seen all these features on many web sites, literature.com as one of the examples,,,,,

best

nike123
06-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree with 750 Valve. the site needs much improvement not only on the private message management but also on some other aspects such as automatic alert or notification email alert whenever someone posts you a reply. I have seen all these features on many web sites, literature.com as one of the examples,,,,,

best

This works perfectly OK in this site as well.
Go to User CP => Edit options => Messaging & Notification => Default Thread Subscription Mode and select :
Instant email notification

WebRam
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
guys, I have mentioned this before ... see the question mark at the top right of the forum, click on it, its very good :)

example , I went and clicked on it that searched for "notification"

works just fine ;)

Peter_1
06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
...the site needs much improvement not only on the private message management but also on some other aspects such as automatic alert or notification email alert whenever someone posts you a reply. I have seen all these features on many web sites, literature.com as one of the examples,,,,,

best

This feature is build-in also in this website. You have set the wrong settings in your profile.

750 Valve
18-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Well I may just be a dumb fridgy but I certainly know my way around a message board, telling me to do a search on "notification" has not help me in any way, shape or form.

Yes I know I can set my CP to email me when I get a PM, yes I know I can subscribe to a thread - this was not what I asked. What I asked is if we can get some sort of notification when someone sends you a friend request or comments in your "visitor messages" these only show up when you click "USERCP" or someone else clicks on your username and checks out your details - here is a link to what I am talking about.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?u=275&tab=visitor_messaging#visitor_messaging

By the way the FAQ's are slightly incorrect as it tells me when I have such messages my "Private messages" tab in the top right will be replaced by "notifications" which is does not do - I just logged in and had 3 messages - not PM's but comments in some discussion page within my user CP. Seems like its not asking the world to get a notification but I may be wrong

Peter_1
18-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry, will shut up next time :confused:

750 Valve
19-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry, will shut up next time :confused:

Sorry to be so abrupt mate, its just that I mentioned in the original post the issues - I guess there's just nothing that can be done - just seems a shame to have the a comments section and not ever know a comment has been left - it is the first thing that shows up when you click on someones name, it could be that someone has asked you something and you will never know.