PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi frostfree fridge freezer playing up.

mrs butz
04-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Can anyone help me please?
My husband brought a fridge freezer down from my father's house in the van. When he got home I realized he had stored it in his van upside down. I plugged it in after a little while fearing the worst but it worked fine. Now two weeks later the fridge doesn't get cold and the freezer isn't great also.
There is water running from the bottom of it, which it didn't do before and the black round thing at the bottom (I think it is the motor) is very very hot to the touch.
I don't want to get rid of it because it was my late father's but the call out charge around here is ridiculous.
Is there anything I could do to mend it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Seymore

mrs butz
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I forgot to add that I tried turning the appliance off and leaving it over night. The next morning the fridge did seem to get a little colder for a short time and so did the freezer but then went wrong again.
Seymore

philfridge
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Can anyone help me please?
My husband brought a fridge freezer down from my father's house in the van. When he got home I realized he had stored it in his van upside down

Sounds like the compressor has been damaged in the move as they should not be transported upside down . Cost of repair will uneconomical to you .
regards phil

mrs butz
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
After leaving the fridge freezer off all night again, the freezer is now freezing properly but the fridge is still warm. Any ideas if it can be fixed?