PDA

View Full Version : Partial critique of Lanier tech ammonia refrigeration program.

zolimer
04-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Hello all, i am currently going through ammonia refrigeration training at Lanier technichel college in Oakwood, GA, US. It is a 40 hour course for operator 1! It is based on RETA course work. So far over the course of monday and tuesday we have completed roughly eighteen hours of class room time and approximatly 6 hours of homework! The homework consists of the chapter questions for chapters one through ten in RETA book one, revision.6.

So far the instructors have made this a very engaging class! They encourage a group effort on the homework and expect class participation! Compared to some other coarses i have taken, they expect a lot more in the way that you prove that you are learning the fundementals, which you are here to learn!

Here's the meat and potatoes or the crux of the biscuit in my view! If you are a department head and you are looking for a good documented training option, this is one that can be measured!

I am posting this information to help anyone that may have any questions regarding this particular path of education and i intend to follow up with my complete review after i complete the lab work portion of the training!

I feel that if you go into this class with the ability and the desire to further your understanding of an ammonia refrigeration system, that you can come to a better understanding of how an ammonia refrigeration system works!

alphi
04-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi Zolimer,

Try to browse this book: Standard Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Questions and Answers by S. Elonka and Quaid W. Minich

A good reference for you too.

zolimer
06-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Alphi, Thank you for your recomendation, i may get it depending on price! As you may well have heard americans are getting hammered with high fuel, food and every other source of inflationary costs without the equalizing effect of a pay raise that we working types can bear! Thank you!

ntfreezer
13-06-2008, 10:33 AM
thank you zolimer,
Could you give me the book(PDF) which you have learned?

zolimer
16-06-2008, 03:22 PM
ntfreezer, Sorry that would be copyright infringement! Besides i got hard copy with my training! Become a member and you will get a good discount for the books.