PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Unit Vandal Guards

Refrigerologist
03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi guys, this is for you UK engineer's.

I am experiencing a problem with vandals breaking the fan guards on 2No. Daikin RZQ125 outdoor units.

I have looked at the vandal cages available and it would appear that the BBJ guards are too small as they have an internal height of 1300mm. The Daikin unit is 1345mm high.

Has any one used the Mad Dog cages? If so where is the best place to buy them and what is the approximate cost?

This is the first time I have had any problems with vandals, so I suppose we must be catching up with the UK:(

Greengrocer
03-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi guys, this is for you UK engineer's.

I am experiencing a problem with vandals breaking the fan guards on 2No. Daikin RZQ125 outdoor units.

I have looked at the vandal cages available and it would appear that the BBJ guards are too small as they have an internal height of 1300mm. The Daikin unit is 1345mm high.

Has any one used the Mad Dog cages? If so where is the best place to buy them and what is the approximate cost?

This is the first time I have had any problems with vandals, so I suppose we must be catching up with the UK:(

Try here
http://www.heronhill.co.uk/components/?mode=productlist&curPage=6

The Large cage (MDG-L) is 1450mm internal. List price is £226 minus whatever discount you can get.

sinewave
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I'd look else where matey they're crap! :mad:

We bought and fitted one for an A/C instal in a Relay room for Railtrack as the condensor was sited next to the railway line and the area had suffered vandalism in the past.

It was the biggest heap of junk I've ever paid for a kid of 5 could pull it apart.

It was a nightmare even getting it to go together. :confused:

It might not look pretty but making your own using Unistrut and painted glave perforated sheets would be far stronger if it's got to withstand Brick lobbing Oiks! :rolleyes:

sinewave
04-06-2008, 02:26 PM
There rubbish mate, look else where! :mad: