PDA

View Full Version : ME MXZ-A26WV - Wind

vmcacador
31-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Dearest Members of RE.com

I've been, troubleshooting/fixing, a few MXZ-A26WV multi-split misubishi units.

I've had the same issues since beggining. These units are installed near sea, they are exposed to high velocity winds, sea salt, rain etc.

My main problem is that the Power Board, Noise Filter and sometimes Electronic PCBoard are always geting themselves defective. It usually starts with PFC defective due to overcurrent (altough I'venever been able to read any overcurrent issue), and it "spreads" to the other boards.

I was thinking that this could be possibly due to wind gusts that produce some voltage on the fan motor and it damages the PFC circuit, dou any of you think it's possible?

Also oxidation has been an issue, the lev coils have o be constantly replaced.

Any help on this, would be appretiated...

Regards

Vitor Caçador

Thermatech
31-05-2008, 05:26 PM
If the wind blows into the front of the unit then the fan free wheels backwards. Then the unit starts the fan in forward direction & has a problem because the fan is going fast in reverse direction.

Normally suspect power supply problem if overcurrent & noise filter / power board problems.
Voltage on the neutral line due to some poor N connection in power supply can cause this type of problems.

icecube51
31-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Yep, i had the same problem on a outdoor unit nearby the sea.
i replaced the complete fan whit motor,and changed it for a electronical one, the motor is inbedded in the blades, and it is more silent than the original ones.easier to start en restart.

Ice

Temprite
01-06-2008, 03:03 AM
If the wind blows into the front of the unit then the fan free wheels backwards. Then the unit starts the fan in forward direction & has a problem because the fan is going fast in reverse direction.

Normally suspect power supply problem if overcurrent & noise filter / power board problems.
Voltage on the neutral line due to some poor N connection in power supply can cause this type of problems.
I am located near the ocean also.

Have numerous problems caused by salt conditions, to printed circuit boards.

At worst some boards fail after 2 years.

The best solution is to spray the underside of the boards with a silicone or laquer spray and once dry install them as normal. When installed then spray them again on the side where all the connections are made.

The units that we have done this to are now running trouble free for at least 5 years.