PDA

View Full Version : Funny Sounds in the Suction Pipe

Husky250
30-05-2008, 04:37 AM
You got to hear this:
I went to help comission a Sanyo Eco-I system today. After looking at the precise piping and wiring all was ready to start. Auto addressed and system ran flawless: for 25 seconds..... I Shortly after compressors started I heard a loud pinging sound coming up the suction line from downstairs. I didnt believe what I had just heard. As I was picking my jaw up off the roof maybe One or two seconds later more pinging sounds were heard entering the outdoor unit. I pulled main power off and started to investigate. We had to remove the complete charge and find what had entered the system. The very first strainer we found the following : sand, rock, sheetrock paper, and last but not least a 1/4 nut. As it turns out the installing HVAC company had made some of the construction personel mad, about what I dont know. Found it amusing however after system was cleaned....I hope.....

taz24
30-05-2008, 01:34 PM
You did well to spot it, Good one.

I was once involved in a supermarket install, The building was up and all the service pipes ran in ducts under the floor.
I only joined the install 3/4 the way in and then I was responsible for the site for about 15 years after that.
For years after I would find silly blockages and things in the system that should not have been there. Mostly grit and dirt but the odd plastic cup and even a couple of glass marbles.

Cheers taz.

sinewave
01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
How dya get a Plastic Cup inside the system?