PDA

View Full Version : ratchet benders

richelli
30-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Already have the usual hand benders in the van but fancied a set of ratchet benders.

Rothenberger do a nice set but before I go and spend a little over £130 on a set, does anyone recommened a better set. Having searched the internet for the best price I can get, there arnt that many places that come up that do imperial ratchet style benders.

Paying for these my self, so wondered if anyone had found a good deal on the rothenberger maxi set? Any one already got a set and rate them? I know they arn't ideal ideal but the odd occasion I have wished I had a set.

WCC73
30-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Had a set of the crossbow style ratchet benders.Pants.
Worth spending the extra on imperial hydraulic benders

dsp
31-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Rothenberger Benders are better than most other brands on the market that I have seen.
Won't go too far wrong in purchasing them, as far as Im concerned.

dsp

superswill
31-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Had a set of the crossbow style ratchet benders.Pants.
Worth spending the extra on imperial hydraulic benders

agree have used both sets in the past and for the extra the hydraulics will last a life time

Rhew
31-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I have the imperial hydraulic and think its gereat, maybe would prefer a flat bottom on it so you could rest it on a workbench etc when bending a long length on your own thats my only gripe ! oh and must remember to close the release screw before trying to pump up the next bend :)

richelli
19-07-2008, 09:01 PM
does anyone have a link to the hydraulic ones? thanks