PDA

View Full Version : CPS Manifold and charge hoses

swampthing
29-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else experienced CPS charge hoses leaking where connected to the CPS manifold? I have tightened it up as much as possible by hand and even tweaked it but still they leak!

Cheers ;)

philfridge
29-05-2008, 09:47 PM
No but i dont buy cps gear because it is crap ;)
Have you tried changing the gaugeline rubber seals though ?

swampthing
29-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Really :( The manifold and hoses are brand new!

Hmmm, perhaps I should get some new hoses tomorrow from HRP. What ones would you recommend?

Many thanks ;)

No but i dont buy cps gear because it is crap ;)
Have you tried changing the gaugeline rubber seals though ?

philfridge
29-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Even better change the whole gauge set if possible, See what hrp say first they may exchange them anyway

swampthing
29-05-2008, 10:06 PM
true, fingers crossed :) Might see if they would exchange for Refco or somik.

Even better change the whole gauge set if possible, See what hrp say first they may exchange them anyway

cmac
29-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah, had a set with manifold passing. Changed them and found the new ones to be passing too. Use ITE gauges now

swampthing
29-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Really, was it from where the hoses connect to the manifold? I hope HRP change these tomorrow, not going for another CPS set.

Yeah, had a set with manifold passing. Changed them and found the new ones to be passing too. Use ITE gauges now

cmac
29-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Really, was it from where the hoses connect to the manifold? I hope HRP change these tomorrow, not going for another CPS set.

It was from one side to the other. If i just connected high side to a unit and had low side gauge line capped, the LP gauge would start creeping up. Same thing was happening if only the low side gauge was connected.

swampthing
29-05-2008, 10:47 PM
ah right, my set are just leaking on Hi and Lo sides from where the hoses connect, not good when trying to leak test!

It was from one side to the other. If i just connected high side to a unit and had low side gauge line capped, the LP gauge would start creeping up. Same thing was happening if only the low side gauge was connected.

richelli
29-05-2008, 11:04 PM
My boss got me a set of CPS gauges with the grey plastic knobs. When you shut the gauges the knobs would just keep turning when the gauges were shut because the platics knobs were junk. He blamed me for shutting them to tight. Any way when his gauges broke he ordered a sparkling new set of CPS gauges and guess what after the second use the knobs just kept spinning. I had a little chuckle as he got frustrated about it.

Luckily a customer broke mine by knocking them off the hook one day much to my dissapointment. I bought my own refco gauges which are miles better and he's gonna try and buy some metal knobs for his! YOu buy cheap tools it makes the job longer!;)

swampthing
29-05-2008, 11:33 PM
To be honest I don't know if they are cheap or not, just asked HRP to supply a manifold and stick it on account. Oh well, will sort in the morning hopefully.

Cheers guys,

Jami

My boss got me a set of CPS gauges with the grey plastic knobs. When you shut the gauges the knobs would just keep turning when the gauges were shut because the platics knobs were junk. He blamed me for shutting them to tight. Any way when his gauges broke he ordered a sparkling new set of CPS gauges and guess what after the second use the knobs just kept spinning. I had a little chuckle as he got frustrated about it.

Luckily a customer broke mine by knocking them off the hook one day much to my dissapointment. I bought my own refco gauges which are miles better and he's gonna try and buy some metal knobs for his! YOu buy cheap tools it makes the job longer!;)

monkey spanners
30-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Is it leaking from between knurled nut on the end of the hose and the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit, change the 'o' ring, or the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit and the manifold, if its the latter, a bit of thread sealant between the two would seal this up.

Jon

swampthing
30-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Is it leaking from between knurled nut on the end of the hose and the 1/4 or 5/16 flare bit,
Jon

Leaks from the nut, changed manifold to another crappy make from HRP as they don't sell quality ITE or Refco and alike, well our branch doesn't, and they only sell CPS hoses. By sealing them I wouldn't be able to swap em around and dismantle as easy, correct me if wrong. I finally managed to get some ITE hoses, no problems yet :) Found loads of other leaks from equipment with CPS converts to use R410A hoses though! Seems a big challenge getting vac pumps, gauges etc to connect to 410A hoses.

Oh well. Take care ;)

monkey spanners
30-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I've got a Yellow jacket R410A manifold which has 5/16 connections for the hi and lo sides and 1/4 for the middle one so will connect to systems ok and also to vac pump and bottle, no adaptors needed.

Jon

kiwireeferman
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Manufactures (CPS, Refco) seem to be going to "Teflon" hose gaskets because the rubber ones rot with the new refrigerants. Personally I think they're Cr#p. I've found them to be so hard they wont bite into the flare. jmho

Walshyd
14-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Totally agree there I've had 4 leaks on my 4 way CPS and a hose is now doing the same, teflon seals are poo, just like CPS