PDA

View Full Version : pcb diagnostics on mr slim

flare nut
29-05-2008, 05:51 PM
hi everyone,
am working on a mitsubishi mr slim
puh-p3vgaa
unit will run for about 5 seconds then stop, which doesn't allow me enough time to get to the roof to see what is happening with the condensing unit, ie refrigerant pressures and condenser fan motor.

it brings up a fault on the outdoor pcb green light flashes 4 times then red light flashes 2 times.

have searched through the internet and can not find the pcb diagnostics anywhere.

does anyone know this fault or know a link that i can go to to find it.

thanks.

paul_h
29-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't deal much in mitsubishis, more people use fujitsu in australia.
But this site is a wealth of infor for the times I've come across them.
does this search do anything for you?
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=505038
If not, all the manuals I've ever used for bitsof****ti have come from this link
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44892&postcount=3
argh crap, you can't get maunals from the last link anymore, it worked up to a month ago.
mitsi uk link stll gives good info I hear though.

philfridge
29-05-2008, 07:47 PM
What fault code showa up on the control pad ?

chillin out
29-05-2008, 10:57 PM
it brings up a fault on the outdoor pcb green light flashes 4 times then red light flashes 2 times.
I think that is a probe fault, although I could be wrong.
Does it not tell you on the inside of the removable cover?

Chillin:):)

Thermatech
29-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I had a rummage & found an old service manual.
It looks like indoor unit drain pump sensor problem.
If the unit has a hard wired controller it should show a fault code.
The sensor is a heated thermistor. The indoor circuit board is looking for the normal hot temperature sensor & when the water level is high & the sensor is covered by the water then it get a cold temperature & stops the system on high drip tray water level alarm.
The drain or pump or sensor ?

flare nut
30-05-2008, 03:17 AM
thanks for your input.
the indoor unit is a wall mounted unit which would rule out the pump sensor, also not on a hard wierd controlleer, having to use a mimic 2 as customer has lost original remote. this works fine on another unit of the same model.

the only details on the inside of the cover are for reverse phase.

Thermatech
30-05-2008, 10:41 AM
The indoor unit circuit board will still have a drain sensor plug with a link in it.
Poor connection or faulty circuit board ?

Try to get hold of a 12v Mitsubishi remote controller which you can keep in the tool box as a service tool.

Better still get a Mr Slim service tool.
You plug it into the outdoor circuit board & with dips you can read any current data & recorded fault data.

flare nut
30-05-2008, 04:46 PM
thanks for the help.

what are these mr slim service tools, how much are they and are they worth the price?

chillin out
30-05-2008, 07:16 PM
what are these mr slim service tools, how much are they and are they worth the price?
You can't buy them, you have to go on a Mitsu course.

Chillin:):)

Thermatech
31-05-2008, 01:09 AM
The Mr Slim A control service tool part number is PAC-SK52ST.
You can use it to access all data shown in the service manual for A control R407c & R410a systems.

It was given out FOC on the Mitsubishi Mr Slim training courses but now all the data is available at the remote controller on latest models so they might not be giving it away any longer.