PDA

View Full Version : What`s the most popular refrigerant uses in Heat Pump?

l.gc
28-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey guys,

I am an engineer from a China-based heat pump company.

At present, we are developing air source and ground source heat pump. As the buyers told us that R417a is still fresh to the market. Therefore, we decide to redsign the system or postponed the R417a program and turn to a popular one. So, there comes the question, WHAT THE MOST POPULAR REFRIGERANT at recently?
R410A, R407C, R404A, R134A or R490A.

PLEASE DO ME THIS FAVOR, IT IS VERY IMPROTANT FOR ME TO GET TO KNOW THIS BEOFRE ANY DECISION`S MADE.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Vico

Argus
28-05-2008, 10:25 AM

The question should be not what is the most popular refrigerant, but what is the most effective for the use to which you will put it.

Air source heat pumps are a mature product in a mature market in most of the world, so I suggest that you study the existing market where you intend to sell and develop the product from there.

Pay particular attention to the local and regional laws concerning refrigerants and their uses.

Don't be led by producing copies of other products.

Bart Nabbe
28-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Hello l.gc,

What argus says is right. it depends on a lot of factors.

But the last 4 Heatpumps we delivered were for housing projects (to cool in summer and heat in winter) are all in NH3.

Greets

Brian_UK
29-05-2008, 12:44 AM
If you want this sort of design information for manufacturing purposes there are a number of members here who could help you.

Be advised however that they will require a "Design Fee" and this will have to be negotiated privately off-forum.

philfridge
29-05-2008, 07:59 PM
R410A is the latest gas being used in modern heatpumps

chemi-cool
29-05-2008, 08:55 PM
410 is the most efficiant refrigerant of the list you have posted.

If I can see the direction of refrigerants correctly, I think that 410 will be a good choice.

Chemi :)

nevgee
30-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Argus appears to have pointed you in the right direction. You have identified your energy source (Air or ground source). Now you need to identify the market you wish to supply and then determine the output needed from your heat pump.
Will it be heating air or water?
What temepratures are you wanting to achieve?
Popularity of refrigerant type at this early stage of design should not be a consideration of any priority.

Thermatech
30-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Look at the website for the major split system heat pump manufacturers from Japan.
Over the last few years they have all moved to R410a. In Europe this is the standard refrigerant for split & VRF systems.

But most of Europe is a mature market for split system & VRF heat pump products & manufacturers from China find it difficult to sell any quantity of product because airconditioning & refrigeration contractors prefer to use high quality products from Japan for energy efficency & long term reliability.

icecube51
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
i think the question is more like,
whitch refrigerant is more money making, so we can dump some more engines at lower cost, and still making money. MAKE something new, new technology, go for COČ, its free, less harmfull, ect..ect.., but that cost time and money.

Ice

ice

EmCoastHVACR
14-07-2008, 03:56 AM
I'll wait a few years to see how systems hold up to the higher working pressures. A system that breaks down isn't efficient.

I'm surprised 134 with the lower system pressures & cost isn't the 22 replacement

410 is the most efficiant refrigerant of the list you have posted.

If I can see the direction of refrigerants correctly, I think that 410 will be a good choice.

Chemi :)

tinman59
18-07-2008, 02:06 AM
r 410a due to the changing epa requirements 410 would be your best bet for now :o