PDA

View Full Version : chiller tripping

moideen
28-05-2008, 05:22 AM
hai,

my chiller carrier 30-gx298 pro-dialoge plus tripping after 10 minutes on alarm code 101.but this code not in service manual.if expan the display compressor motor high temperatue alarm.motor cooling solinoid is working normally.but motor temp is going high.
suction=44psig.guyes any idea to solve this problem.

Groid
28-05-2008, 08:11 AM
change over motor temp sensor on terminal plate to spare sensor and try to get a run. check motor temp via controller liquid should inject at 67 degrees could be short of gas or SCPM module needs new software.

Alarm breakdown is in controls manual at the back in SCPM sub menu.

Dimitris
28-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree with Groid. This happened to me once and I used the spare sensor which solved the problem.

moideen
30-05-2008, 06:36 PM
very thanks to groid and dimitris for ur suggestions.i recheck the unit.used spare sensor.but problem still persist.when unit is tripping motor temp is 116c.now status is
saturated discharge temp:50c
saturate suction temp: 4.7c
discharge gas temp: 82.4c
discharge superheat 32.3c
motor temp: 113c

Groid
31-05-2008, 02:43 PM
discharge temp is far too high, Carrier control alogorithm injects liquid into motor at 67c I think the motor cooling solenoids are not operating correctly could be a solenoid valve/coil failure or the software needs re-programming by Carrier

willow
31-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Does the chiller have a aconomiser some units do some dont.If it does check the operation of the EEV.Is just the one circuit effected or both.What is the ambient temprature.With the discharge superheat so high the circuit will be in overide and not loading up fully.

moideen
20-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Does the chiller have a aconomiser some units do some dont.If it does check the operation of the EEV.Is just the one circuit effected or both.What is the ambient temprature.With the discharge superheat so high the circuit will be in overide and not loading up fully.
thanks guyes,sorry,i was too late to replay.there is not economizer.site glass shows bubbles as comp unloading and loading.then charged around 45kg r22.then manually unloaded the compressor.but problem still remaining.what is the reason of high discharge superheat?will discharge superheat go up,if eev not working properly?

Shaukat
21-06-2008, 10:33 AM
chek refrigerant flow, re clean / replace ex.valve

Dimitris
22-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm afraid that particular chiller works with R134A refrigerant. Check to make sure you haven't added the wrong refrigerant.

moideen
22-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm afraid that particular chiller works with R134A refrigerant. Check to make sure you haven't added the wrong refrigerant.

sorry for wrong info:confused:used134a.i am going to remove the exv.