PDA

View Full Version : Blockage cure!!?

Navaho
27-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi, foolishly transported my Hotpoint RLM34 on its side:rolleyes:
Now it wont cool down & the comp. just keeps running....think there is a blockage. None of the pipes etc are damaged so it does look like a blockage:(

Question is how do i cure it or should i look at a re-gas?

Thanks

nike123
27-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi, foolishly transported my Hotpoint RLM34 on its side:rolleyes:
Now it wont cool down & the comp. just keeps running....think there is a blockage. None of the pipes etc are damaged so it does look like a blockage:(

Question is how do i cure it or should i look at a re-gas?

Thanks
Turn it of and leave 24 hr like that. Then start it again and see what is happening.

Navaho
27-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Tried that, left it turned off for 48hrs...no difference. Someone suggested turning it upside down & leaving it for a while as this should unblock it!! Worth a try i suppose...

nike123
27-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Tried that, left it turned off for 48hrs...no difference. Someone suggested turning it upside down & leaving it for a while as this should unblock it!! Worth a try i suppose...
If nothing else works, give it a try!;)

philfridge
27-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Someone suggested turning it upside down & leaving it for a while as this should unblock it!! Worth a try i suppose...

Yer that will get all the oil out of the compressor any bugger it up. Sounds like the compressor is damaged anyway now by being incorrectly moved.

frank
27-05-2008, 09:35 PM
More than likely, the internal discharge pipe has been severed from the casing within the compressor rendering the compressor U/S

The motor within the sealed compressor is suspended on springs and the discharge pipe connected to it is very fragile. Turning the fridge/compressor on it's side and then transporting it will have put considerable strain on this internal connection/joint.

Looks like a new compressor is needed.

icecube51
08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
if you started the comp. to soon after transport i am sure it is brocken.due to liquid or oil on suction line.

only the absorbtion sytems are happy to get a headstand once and a wile. whe call it a mixture reset.

Ice