PDA

View Full Version : New toys

Reeferjon
23-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Well stand by for new toys from the TK stable.

1st off we have the A1050, stand well back on a rainy day should you have any aversion to wiggly wires or PCB's get a blessed cross. Cools like nothing before it

2nd we have the MD2-300, double-take on an old theme, deep comp sump, better control, ELC etc.

3rd we have the TS Spectrum, THE doggies danglers for M-Temp overcab, boy don't she go.

4th hold on to your hats for the new S#2 (blackbird by any other name).
brand new controller, redundant sensors, ETV everywhere, lots of other goodies.

comments?

Dan
23-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Doesn't TK have a new cryogenic model out as well? Curious as how that operates.

Reeferjon
24-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi Dan.
Yes they do, that and hybrid systems (trad reefer and CO2)

LCo2 is used for the absortion cycle using a XTV and an electronic throttling valve ET V.
Waste Co2 is then fed to a vapour motor to power the evap fans and a small alternator (battery is charged from a solar array, from here it is externaly exhausted, thus overcoming the traditional problems ascociated with internal total loss systems.
Defrost/heat is taken care of with a propane heater to provide a hot gas cycle.
Control is a modified uPIV unit (standard controler).

Although we do not have any production units in the uk, the trial systems that we have seen work extremly well. As with most things that are 'eco friendly' (all-be-it in the sense that Co2 is a by-product of someone else and has been used again before waste) the purchase/fuel system costs are high and the running costs are, well interesting.

Latte
26-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Hello ReeferJon,
Sounds Interesting, Are MTK launching them anywhere or have we just got o wait & see them on the road.
Lets hope these one's have been tested enough on the road & don't turn out to be another SL300.

MTKkeefy
26-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Ok, So I'm 3 and a bit years late, but what do you think of the A1050's now?

nova
27-10-2006, 04:51 PM

We have few of these (actually TA-1100's) and despite of the few failed fans and inverters units has been working very well. Very good capacity. Installation can be complex because of the connections to truck engine idle control. TA-1100 is quite complex what comes to the electrical system, fortunetly there hasn't been any major problems.

-Nova

Reeferjon
01-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Should have been a great piece of kit....all the ideas were right on the nose.......the rest I have no comment (public :eek: ) on.

JOhn.

reefermadness
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Just wondering about this hybred CO2 job. You say they are heating with propane???!!? Doesn't that seem a little backwards. I know in canada, most trucking companies have banned propane units from the fleet due to major accidents like exploding trailers.

Is there a way i can get more information on the TK's sold in the UK, available units, pricing, specs?? They only offer the old stuff here, no SL series and the SR2 just came out.

Thanks

Reefer madness

Latte
04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Reefermadness,

Count yourself lucky, because of there being no trailer length restrictions over there you lot got to keep the SB series. What a piece of kit, reliable and 99% of the time they could be fixed at the side of the road. All this modern tech is OK but i bet the roadside repair rate is down. Bring back the days when the most complex electrical item was a TG5

Regards

fatboy

reefermadness
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Fatboy,

Since in Canada there is virtually no laws on reefers, other than the enviromental that covers the refrigerant, anything goes. "Bring back the days of the tgV!" Come work in canada, you can work on tgIV's, III's and even a UE or two.
The SB series has only one major foul that i can think of. The pod rots right out. The have fixed that witht he SB 200. The SB I and SB II were dogs to work on since they had the old Isuzu C201.
Just imagine that your cars/reefers etc, never had to be certified for the road, you can just drive anything to anywhere. The first thing that gives up is the electrical, the weather destroys wiring harnesses/ realy boards/switches etc. Carriers have less problems in theis department, but more in others.

Anyone ever work on a single switch thermostat thermo King with a Onan gas pot.???

Reefermadness