PDA

View Full Version : Nice Vans

old gas bottle
23-05-2008, 04:35 PM
just been test driving the new merc vito V6 204bhp van,wow they are differant to the old model,much better finnished off and what a motor,would just eat up and spit out my old VW 174 with ease,there fitted with a smooth 5 speed auto box that lets it fly through the gears asswell, so if the guy can get the figures to line up were having one. anyone else got one of theese ??:D

monkey spanners
23-05-2008, 06:23 PM
We've got the 150hp one which we bought secondhand from a plumber mate of ours who changes his van every three years and only does local work. He's now got 200hp one so when he replaces this we'll have first refusal.
Dave is very happy with it, his only complaint being that due to the traction control you can't slide it round roundabouts which is half the fun with rwd:p
They seem to be built much better than the old shape ones.

Jon

Brian_UK
24-05-2008, 12:45 AM
OK, I'll stick my neck out...

What's the fuel consumption on that beastie?

Can you afford to run now-a-days?

old gas bottle
24-05-2008, 06:34 PM
errrrr, about 25 ish if your lucky i would think,but the VW transporter 174 aint that good either, we dont do that much milage now so its no too much of an issue allthough the way its going we will all be walking.:eek:if we could do without at least one big van we would.