PDA

View Full Version : Cap Tube on prep table keeps plugging up

toes
22-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Prep table with 134a. Replaced evap in prep table as well as the pencil drier to an emerson cap-t style. on a return call I found that the cap tube had a restriction in it, so I changed the cap tube and drier and recharged, pressures were 20 psi and 175 psi. Then 3 days later got called back again and found suction 1 psi and hi side at 135 psi, now I believe the cap tube has restriction again. it is most likely the original compressor and I was told to change the old poe oil to new poe. Any ideas or would you agree with changing the oil

The Viking
22-05-2008, 10:40 PM
How good vacuum did you get the unit down to after each time the circuit were opened?

Changing the oil is a good move, but only if you make sure the whole system is flushed with OFN and vacced properly.

toes
23-05-2008, 02:06 AM
decided to go ahead with the oil change. during that i managed to also remove about a table spoon of water from the suction line wich was clearly the issue. as well through another cap tube and drier on.
thanks

nike123
23-05-2008, 07:27 AM
decided to go ahead with the oil change. during that i managed to also remove about a table spoon of water from the suction line wich was clearly the issue. as well through another cap tube and drier on.
thanks

That mean that you in first service did not made proper evacuation. Now, you still have some contaminants (acids) in the oil because you did not make flushing. Check oil acidity and fit burn-out filter before and after compressor if needed, and change them after some time (check pressure drop across them and after making check that oil acidity is acceptable), or you could end up soon with new service call for compressor burnout.