PDA

View Full Version : Vote on Best unit ever

Latte
20-09-2003, 08:24 PM
OK, The knifes are out. Time for the ex MTK & Carrier boys to scrap it out as to who made the best unit ever, or maybe it's not on this list either way let me know. My Vote goes to Carrier for the Maxima but then again what do i know.

alpha
22-09-2003, 09:12 AM
well as i dont have nothing to do with Carrier and Mtk my unbiased votes goto...trailers..Sb2/3, rigids Rd2... but at the same time i like maximas also. hard choice.. but none are best at 3am lol

Reeferjon
22-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Can I vote twice, I like the SB & Sl400
LOL, hell I like em all.

Latte
02-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Well guys,
I looks like there is no out & out winner !!!

I guess people just like whatever they get used to, lets face it most of them all o the same job fairly reliably

thermo prince
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Sorry guys, I know it's an old post but just came across it first time. Us 'veterans' cannot resist having a say .... !

In my humble opinion, the TK Super NWD w C201 engine trailer & the MD 1 truck unit were ahead of their time.

From the deserts of mid East to the frozen tundras, they opened up the world of transporting perishables and in so doing really made the name of Thermo King.

They were to transport refrig as the grey 25 HP 'Fergy 20' was to agriculture - simple, reliable, dependable. They opened up the prairies, veldts and steppes long before todays 300HP ++ 4WD Johnny Deeres and Quadtracs, Fastracs!! :)

regards

REEFER-TEK
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Each one of those unit has its respective place in the market, I see there is some Multi-temps single temps,

I like the vector for Multi temp, im just impressed with the technolgy thats in it.

as of right now my favorite MT is the new spectrum sr 2 for it ease of operatuion and on board diagnostics.

I like the Sb400 for its deep frozen capacity but not heating capacity.

The sb310 for its air flow and capacity in heat and cool, not as good as the 400 in cool for deep frozen but will do just fine.

Most of the CTC trailer nosemounts over here are friggen mess for wiring and rotted out unit frames with in 5 years. and dont heat or defrost worth a hoot either. and guzzle fuel after 2000 hrs of operation. so i wont vote on may ctc trailer nose mount, however iam very fond of the units like zepher s-30 models comapered to tk vehicle powered units. them things cool so well.

I am big fan of the TS models and TS spectrum truck units,

i can go on and on my likes and pros and cons on each one in the list.

Can I vote for all of them?

Ha Ha

Regards R-T

REEFER-TEK
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Speaking of CTC Vector, does any one here have a service or parts manual on that in PDF?

Latte
05-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Vectors are good, no question about it but i wonder how many will still be going in 10 years time. with the older units nwd up to smx you always had the parts to fix 99% of breakdowns as it would be belts. With the newer ones with everything elctronic i wonder how the first time fix is these days (Do you have any idea John ?)
For me maxima (Original) rules. especially once the heat lockout cuts in, many times i have seen them parked up and are pulling down past -30. No need to remove compressor to replace belts, tensioners sprung loaded. as long as they are maintained properly (Greased in the right places)
Regards

Raymond

REEFER-TEK
05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Vectors are good, no question about it but i wonder how many will still be going in 10 years time. with the older units nwd up to smx you always had the parts to fix 99% of breakdowns as it would be belts. With the newer ones with everything elctronic i wonder how the first time fix is these days (Do you have any idea John ?)
For me maxima (Original) rules. especially once the heat lockout cuts in, many times i have seen them parked up and are pulling down past -30. No need to remove compressor to replace belts, tensioners sprung loaded. as long as they are maintained properly (Greased in the right places)
Regards

Raymond

Raymond,

I can tell you that here in the states im my area where these deltc vectors are, everytime one breaks down, they have to call in engineers that designed the unit from more than 900 miles away to fix. Technicians here havent the first clue on the technologie nor understand the concepts of the algorythims that are involved.

This unit seems nothing more than a container unit trapped in ultra's or ultima body. he he.

Its all good though and i certainly cant wait to see how they hold up here in the north east winter conditions, we use alot of corrosive agents to keep raods thawed and snow free, magnesium chloride and road salt, you have to consatntly keep metal clean here or it starts rusting out in the first year, and i wont even start on what it does to delicate electronics.

I do have a couple customers here that let me play with it and get up close and personal with it. Its amazing how they cram 10 pounds of sh*t ina 1 pound bag.

I take it no one here has a manual on this unit?

what good is this place??????? ha ha ha :D

Just kidding

regards R-T