PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Chiller Code 68

torrman
21-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Wondering if anyone can help been working on a carrier chiller 30 gx and has tripped on code 68 which is to high a oil pressure.
5 days agao it tripped on low oil pressure code 70 so read the manual and added 4 litres of sw220 oil and the chiller ran ok.
Due to the fact there is no oil level sight glass and only a oil level transducer I have no idea if the oil sep is near the recommended level of 40 litres.
I am at the stage of recommending decanting the circuit removing what oil there is and changing the pre oil lube filter and also the oil filter at the back of the screw compressor. Could it be partially or wholly blocked causing the high oil pressure ?
Any advice would be welcome.Thank You

moideen
21-05-2008, 07:40 PM
hi torreman,just check your alarm display and manual.code 68 is low oilpressure comp A1 and 70 is low oilpressure comp B1.replace the pre-oilfilter.then check the oil-differential by your gauge.again this problem replace your internal filter(3 micron).and check oil solinoid,oil pressure transducer.:p

narkom
21-05-2008, 07:42 PM
As far as I know code 68 is "low oil pressure comp. A1",
code 70 is "low oil pressure comp. B1" and code 63 is "high oil pressure difference comp. A2". So partially or wholly blocked filter may cause the high oil pressure difference . Oil pressure difference is available from menu "pressure" points 4,5,12,13. It is discharge pressure minus oil pressure and must not be above 340kPa.

willow
23-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Subtract the oil pressure from the dishcharge pressure if below 150kpa then internal filter is ok. Main oil filter by oil sep very rarely block.Too much oil can effect discharge super heat and cause even more problems with control of EEV.What is the full model number.Pro dialog or Pro dialog plus.Also check the oil sep heaters are working.

Groid
31-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Both internal and external oil filter should be change annualy (you will need a 19mm allen socket to remove internal filter) rather than taking oil out fit a 3/8" line to top of oil seperator and then fit 3/8" male flare sight glass to line and then another line to a tee where the transducer is fitted the you can move the sight glass up and down to determine the oil level.