PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan Lokring group buy!!

Daikin=Overated
21-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Well.

Having found myself finally pushed over the edge with one hot work permit too many, I recently decided to catch up with a sales representative from Lokring to see the Lokring Vulcan product, with a view to saying goodbye to brazing once and for all!

I have to say I was very impressed. I read through the earlier posts in these forums too, and can confirm that it appears the majority of the teething troubles have been ironed out from what I could see with careful pipe prep, and the use of the liners where necessary. Plus the advice from this demo chap was consistent of the tech-support guy in his defence in the aforementioned posts.

It really is a well made product in my view. The new crimping tool has adjustable handles to reach in awkward places, and theres fittings now to suit every application.

Only downside for me was the price, hence this post.

I figured, If anyone else is interested, I have the contact details for the sales rep who would happily give discount on multiple orders I'm sure. Payments can be made direct to the company once we establish how many of us may wish to group buy!!

Surely the best way to get this must have accessory at a reasonable price. I'm happy to organise. Easiest thing would be to PM me your kit requirements as you can specify any arrangement, i'll keep tab and do the rest......or reply to this post.

Cheers.

J.

Daikin=Overated
21-05-2008, 08:18 PM
No takers....c'mon chaps dig deep!

chillin out
21-05-2008, 09:58 PM
It might help you if you were to post the prices so that it generates some interest.

Chillin:):)

expat
21-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Chillin Out, this is after all a public forum. Posting professional buying prices would seem a little imprudent don't you think?

Daikin=Overated
21-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Cheers Chillin!!

I simply want one of these tools and don't want to pay the retail price. I figure we could potentially get a half decent discount if I club together with 2-3 other people say.

Check out HRP for the latest prices, Dean and Woods or otherwise. I know the latest crimping tool thingy is £580, a full kit with a few fixings is closer £900 plus vat!!!:eek:

It's tres exspensive.

chillin out
22-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Chillin Out, this is after all a public forum. Posting professional buying prices would seem a little imprudent don't you think?
I don't think posting a rough guide would cause any need for concern, also he has not specified where he intends to purchase the product.
After all, Google says it all...lol

Chillin:):)

tonto33
22-05-2008, 12:05 PM
you mean one of these tools
http://www.vulkan.co.uk/lokring/lokimages/asmtool.gif

tonto33
22-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I got mine free from VULKAN Industries Ltd.
Phoned them and said that i was new company bah bah and wanted to get one as used them when worked for comet so they sent me one free and i just buy all lokring Connectors direct from them it cheaper than HRP etc