john collier
19-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Key points
- Memo format
- the reason for writing the memo
- The action required
- closing

Situation 1
you are working alone on the roof of a two-storey building,completing the insulation of an air cooled condenser unit. This is part of the split system air conditioning for the top floor level. A smartly dressed person comes up through the roof access hatch and starts inquiring as to what you are doing she politely asked who you are and if you could move the air cooled condenser unit 3 meters to the other side.

Your reply is that you will have to ask your superviser.You ask this person to identify herself and the reply is the architect for the project- Jane Smith.

Your on site superviser is away for the next two days so you have to write a memo to the manager of your company explaining the request.

Brian_UK
20-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Memo to Manager

Air conditioning installation at xxxxxxxx.

We are presently installing the condensing unit for the air conditioning installation at the above project. This is being located on the building flat roof.

During the ongoing works today, date, we had a visit from Jane Smith, the project architect, who requested that we relocate the unit by 3 metres towards the other side of the roof.

We have/have not received written instructions on the matter and in the absence of Mr xxxx, my site supervisor who is on holiday, I am unsure of how to proceed.

In my opinion the unit cannot be moved due to pipework length restrictions / structural problems etc....

In my opinion the unit can be moved without major problems although additional materials will be required etc....

To move this unit will require an additional crane lift etc....

May I please have your written authority to proceed with these alterations to the installation.....

May I ask you to please contact Jane Smith to discuss the matter and confirm to me what action I should take..

Just some thoughts, hope it helps.