PDA

View Full Version : American ac work

mr saw
18-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Can anyone help, really thinking about relocating to florida but wanted to know the situation in the ac work market over there.(working for a company). ie are they crying out for engineers and will it give me a good living. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

deu58
18-05-2008, 08:23 PM
I would suggest that you first decide what area in Florida you would like to live in, If you want to live in a city like Miami the wages would be higher due to cost of living as compared to a smaller city or town, And yet even if the wages are lower in the area that you want to live in the lower wage could actually be the better deal compared to the big city due to the local cost of living,

After deciding what area you want to live in see if you can find any of their local News papers on line, Check the help wanted in the classified section, Also check house for rent sections to see how high the rents are in that area to see if local wages actually cover local expenses, A local paper can tell you a lot of things about the area you may want live in, Food prices, Environmental problems as in flooding and hurricanes, Crime rates and type of crimes, What is the political, religious, racial, etc mind set of the local people, How high are the local taxes Insurance rates etc, you just might decide you really do not want to live there or even here in the US after all,

Google is probably your best friend, Just Google search all things Florida that you feel may have any impact on your decision to move there,

On line US yellow pages can give you an idea of what may be available job wise in the area, How many ac/r contractors are there in the area you would like to live? Give one or two a call,
See if they will give you some useful info, Heck you might even get hired by one them, Nothing ventured nothing gained :)

There may even be an online job bank sponsored by the state, You are planning a major move so it is best to do some major planning

deu58

taz24
18-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Can anyone help, really thinking about relocating to florida but wanted to know the situation in the ac work market over there.(working for a company). ie are they crying out for engineers and will it give me a good living. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know the Americans have very strict rules on employment. They can't employ foregn nationals if the job can be filled by a local.

Cheers taz.

mr saw
18-05-2008, 10:27 PM
thanks for your response, liked the idea about local paper for information. guest ive got a lot of reseach to do. once again thanks.