PDA

View Full Version : Chigo Cassette Problems

wigs
18-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Recently visited a site with 4 Chigo Cassettes ac units and two of them have the same problem, after about 10mins when in cooling mode they just switch off they are not low on gas or have blocked drains or broken lift up pumps. Any ideas anyone.

nike123
18-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Recently visited a site with 4 Chigo Cassettes ac units and two of them have the same problem, after about 10mins when in cooling mode they just switch off they are not low on gas or have blocked drains or broken lift up pumps. Any ideas anyone.
Are they multi-split (1 outdoor and 2 indoor or separate)?

If separate units, then look for common things like power supply voltage!

wigs
18-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Nike123

Single Splits they are. Could be incorrect/poor voltage forgot to check for that. only other common thing shared by these units is the drain but this is the best thing about the install, I also thought that there may be a fault with the indoor PCB as this is the only control board on these cassette splits, and for it to be turning itself off for no apparant reason. Has anyone else ever found same type of problem with this kit. I hate having to work on cheap china equipment.

MaxiCool
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi, i have encountered the same problem 2 weeks ago. You have to change the temperature sensor from the insideunit evaporator. The problem will be solved then.

icecube51
07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks Nike123

I hate having to work on cheap china equipment.

don't hate but love them, they are the best to teach us wat can go wrong.
all the best engineers learned from cheap Chinese sc**t. ;)
try to experiment whit a Daikin,its cost you a fortune.

Ice