PDA

View Full Version : Kdd5

marwanm
16-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey guys!

I read on the U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) website that they are approving refrigerant KDD5 as retrofit for R-22...

I tried to research this product with no luck...

Anybody can provide any kind of information about this? I'd really appreciate it..

Thanks a lot!

Brian_UK
17-05-2008, 12:59 AM
It seems that DuPont are using their 'confidentiality' hammer at the moment.

There is data on the properties of the refrigerant on your EPA website.

marwanm
19-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I read somewhere that DuPont is not saying what blend it is... Either they're in the process of filing a patent or they don't know what the blend is themselves :D
I did not find the info you're talking about on MY epa website, but I will look harder..

Thanks Brian!

Btw, this site ROCKS!

marwanm
19-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I need 2 more posts to be able to post url links...

I hope you guys don't mind me doing this, but I think you know by now that i'm not here to scam...

That's the first post...

marwanm
19-05-2008, 07:53 PM
That's the second

marwanm
19-05-2008, 07:54 PM
And that's the last

marwanm
19-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Just found a very important document concerning this KDD5 refrigerant:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/ContentViewer?objectId=0900006480224d2d&disposition=attachment&contentType=pdf

Brian, if you have time and patience, and get to read this document, you will notice that there is something fishy about this refrigerant. They are claiming that it's THE perfect refrigerant. It's not flamable, not toxic, has the same or better efficiency as R-22, ODP of 0!

My opinion is that back in 2005, somebody at DuPont thought that 2010 is coming up very fast. If they come up with a refrigerant in or around 2007, it'll take few years to get the EPA approval and market it and test it. So they claimed they found this mysterious KDD5, got the approval, and now if they come up with any blend, they will say it's the KDD5 that's already approved...

If my theory is true, it's really f'ed up that EPA approved a refrigerant that doesn't even exist...

Any thoughts?

Brian_UK
20-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Could well be true Marwanm, it's a good theory anyway.