PDA

View Full Version : Old York Control wiring diagram

Makanic
15-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi all
anyone have the colour meaning for a Old York reverse Cycle split ducted unit
trying to replace the original thermostat control with a new Honeywell Focus Pro TH5110D

Heres a pic of the outdoor unit control board
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/makanicO/?action=view&current=0515081652-02.jpg

The wire thats got me puzzled is the piont-O on the out door board its the one with the thicker white wire

This is what is on the out door board

anyone able to let me know if this is correct? PLease :)

(w)= white = heat relay?
(r) = red = 24vac power from heating?
(y) = yellow =Comp Contactor?
(b) = Black 24vac Common?
(o) = white (thick) 24vac power from cooling?

al
15-05-2008, 10:16 PM
W,R,Y,B are as you say, if memory serves me i think O was for controlling the 4 way valve?

Al

Makanic
16-05-2008, 12:41 AM
W,R,Y,B are as you say, if memory serves me i think O was for controlling the 4 way valve?

Al

The Honeywell has theses pin outs

TH5110D

(Rc)=Linked to (r)
(r)=24vac power from heating
(y)=Compressor contactor
(c)=24vac Common (for 2 transformer systems use common wire from cooling transformer)
(w)=heat relay or (o) - (b)
(g)=Fan relay

(w) can be wired with (y) ?

York controler

(w)= white = heat relay
(r) = red = 24vac power from heating
(y) = yellow =Comp Contactor
(b) = Black 24vac Common
(o) = white (thick) Reversing

I am trying to answer my own questiions ...
Am i on the right track..? anyone able to let me know if this is correct? PLease :)

Thanks in advance

McGuiver
20-05-2008, 11:12 PM
The Honeywell has theses pin outs

TH5110D

(Rc)=Linked to (r)
(r)=24vac power from heating
(y)=Compressor contactor
(c)=24vac Common (for 2 transformer systems use common wire from cooling transformer)
(w)=heat relay or (o) - (b)
(g)=Fan relay

(w) can be wired with (y) ?

York controler

(w)= white = heat relay
(r) = red = 24vac power from heating
(y) = yellow =Comp Contactor
(b) = Black 24vac Common
(o) = white (thick) Reversing

I am trying to answer my own questiions ...
Am i on the right track..? anyone able to let me know if this is correct? PLease :)

Thanks in advance

You are mostly right. The W out on the Stat does NOT get tied to the air handler, if you do you will open a can of worms. if you tie it to the W terminals in the air handler the heat strips will stay on all the time the stat switch is on heat. It would be tied to the W input on the newer York HP unit, on the older unit it will not be used. The W output on the outdoor unit will go to the W1 and W2 terminals of the air handler to supply supplemental heat when the unit goes into defrost. The O in the stat goes to the O in the outdoor unit to enegize for heat mode, defaut operation is cool mode.Then you have R, C and Y, 24 volt hot, common and Cool respectivly. I was York tech support for several years, I am now support for Ruud/Rheem. if I can be of any further help just let me know...:cool: