PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Frascold gaskets?

monkey spanners
14-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi guys,

I need some head gaskets for a 15hp frascold compressor, had a quick look on the frascold site and i think they only sell them as a complete compressor set:(

Anyway, wheres a good place to get them from?

cheers Jon

chemi-cool
14-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Simply make them yourself in 10 minutes......

I am not sure about the name but you can find it in almost any garage, these material used for gaskets. I use it all the time with no problems.

Chemi:)

albionharley
14-05-2008, 09:54 PM
You're right you can only buy complete kits. As chemi-cool says you can either make some or if you prefere i can have a look at work tomorrow for you. Any idea of the model ?

monkey spanners
14-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Albionharley,

Its a Frascold S56 15Y

I don't mind getting a full gaskt set as the end plate one looked a bit weepy too or it could just be oil that has run down from the head area.
Was just looking for a supplier who would know what i was on about as they are not listed in the d&w book. Last thing i want is a 200 mile round trip to find i've got the wrong gaskets:eek:

Chemi, i guess i'm just lazy:D

Cheers Jon

Electrocoolman
14-05-2008, 10:14 PM
How about PRESTON rebuilders....I think they do Frascold units.

Chunk
14-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Jon

Click on the New Posts bit and when the screen loads up,on the right hand side of the page you will see an advert for CARS distributors and wholesalers with Frascold logo on it.

Click on it and search for Frascold,you might get lucky.

albionharley
14-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Jon - i'll let you know tomorrow what we've got in stock. We deal with Frascold direct but if need to be ordered can take weeks to come from Italy. There is a supplier in London but their name escapes me at the moment. I'll find out what i can and post some details tomorrow morning. Hope this helps.

albionharley
15-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Jon - have got the complete kit in stock. Feel free to PM me with your contact details if you still need it.
Have a nice day !!!

monkey spanners
15-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Cheers albionharley,

Tried to send a PM but apparently you have your PM setting turned off so it wouldn't go!

Jon

albionharley
16-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Hi Jon - as far as i can make out it is turned on , looking on the forum it may be because i haven't the required number of posts ??? You should be able to download my v card and email me direct - i think anyway. Failing that i'll see if i can download your v card.

please ignore - see post below

albionharley
16-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi Jon - try again i think i may have cracked it ????

Chunk
16-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi Jon - try again i think i may have cracked it ????

You need 15 posts before pm is allowed.

Just crack off a few jokes in the chit chat forum and you`ll be ok.;)

albionharley
16-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Cheers Chunk - this makes 14 !!!

albionharley
16-05-2008, 12:42 AM
And this should make the magic 15, LOL.

NoNickName
17-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I am from the customer care of Frascold. It's true the gaskets are sold in kit, but the price of it is really low.
Would you PM me, so I can address you to the reseller of our spare parts in your country.

coolhibby1875
27-06-2008, 12:40 AM
hi hubbard will supply these for you

monkey spanners
27-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Cheers Coolhibby,

I've got a set now:)

Jon

Magoo
27-06-2008, 02:47 PM
ever thought about making them yourself, with a ball pean hammer and a wod punch. Or is it all too hard and foreign. Where have all the tradesman gone. If it doesn't come pre-made should we all have a hissy fit.
magoo

Grizzly
27-06-2008, 05:51 PM
ever thought about making them yourself, with a ball pean hammer and a wod punch. Or is it all too hard and foreign. Where have all the tradesman gone. If it doesn't come pre-made should we all have a hissy fit.
magoo

How Harsh Magoo.
A lot of guys could make gaskets or turn threads to make say a head bolt.

But just say you do a top end rebuild and there is a warranty claim on faulty parts.
Any supplier that checked would laugh all the way home.
Whether you have the ability is not always the answer.
Grizzly

NoNickName
28-06-2008, 11:05 PM
magoo

Oh yes, and don't forget to put the blame on the manufacturer should the compressor starts leaking.

TEVM8
28-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys
Just had my arse saved by CARS UK, Thay are FRASCOLD agents as previously posted.
Never Heard of them until now.
WHAT A FIND! WHAT THEY DONT KNOW IS NOT WORTH KNOWING.
TOP OF THE PILE IMO.:D:D:D:D

glenn1340
28-02-2009, 11:35 PM
magoo

How about grinding a tool bit to do internal screwcutting in a blind bore on a lathe? now there`s a skill:)