PDA

View Full Version : What did we do at work today? 13/05/08

monkey spanners
13-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Changed a faulty Flica tev which on removing turned out to have a blocked inlet screen:o Still the nice new danfoss one is rated -40/+10c which is better for dx milktanks than the original -40/-5c one. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

Found a beggered mcb and got to the sparky shop 5 minute before they shut. Got back fitted it and found the capacitor testing out at 33uf when it should be 60uf. Had to join up three 20's to get to 60uf.
Found compressor run current a bit high too, told them it may be on the way out.....

Third job, customer phoned to say it had fixed itself:eek: we'll see :p

Grizzly
13-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Wow.
Were not worthy!!!
As I said earlier fixed an errant LG.
Tomorrow "Tool Box Talks" all day.
Thurs / Friday Sabroe Smc 108 to rebuild.
Just in time for a rest this weekend
As I was duty engineer this weekend just gone.
And got called out to a 3 mega watt
Ammonia plant, pumping itself down but that is another story.
Grizzly

chillin out
13-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Today for me...

Drove 2 hours to a job that was supposed to be a 5 minute fix, which it wasn't. I then spent the next 4 1/2 hours at the top of a ladder which wasn't good because last night I smacked my ankle with a large piece of wood.

Next job was meant to be a long one which I turned into a 5 minute job.
Drove 2 hours home and on the way I got a message saying my new van is in stock whey hey... I have only waited 10 months for it.

Got home to find the dog had chewed some more stuff.
Not a bad day really.

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
14-05-2008, 12:12 AM
One of my jobs todays was to upgrade the power fuses serving an oldish Mitsi split because the ones fitted were undersized.

Did that, went to roof to check restart and wondered why the condenser fan wasn't running.

Some dummy had left the fan connector plug unplugged - oh sh&t, that was me on the last visit.

fowlie
14-05-2008, 12:34 AM
spent most of the morning fixing two BTU/foster evaps found a list as long as your arm with them,fixed a leak on one of the coils what is it with thoese wee spot/bubbles on the bents they always leak their.Second job three tosh a/c all had leaking suction pipes caused by rubbing against casing.thats a nothers days job

Chunk
14-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I was up at 6am to unblock an island of cabinets that had blocked drains.

I then manually defrosted 2 freezers.

Then i had a shaft seal blow out on a screw compressor which made me miss lunch and cause me to fall behind on the rest of the jobs that came in today.

So tomorrow i now have to replace the shaft seal and try to get 4 outstanding jobs attended and hope nothing else comes in.Fat chance.

At least all my jobs are within 40 minutes from my house.

The Viking
14-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Had to go in to the Ken zone :mad: to look at a chiller that didn't work.

Found:
-Air in the water circuit.
-Evap 1 frozen (Plate but at least it survived:))
-Electronic #sh&te# flow switch out of calibration, see above.
-Circuit 2 without even traces of refrigerant in it.

Spent the whole day up on the roof, got pink as a shrimp.:mad:

But at least I got the chiller running OK again.
All in all, a very satisfying day.:):)

US Iceman
14-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Spent half the day driving back and forth for a meeting to discuss different types of water chillers that could be used for cooling plastic injection machines.

wambat
14-05-2008, 05:25 AM
I hung a door in my garage and repaired the moulding :cool:

paul_h
14-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Watched the poor core driller guy make that hole in rock, installed the split.
Came home, found no beer or money.
Bottling my homebrew to fix the beer situation soon, can't do much about the money situation though.