PDA

View Full Version : Daikin controller

mchild
13-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I am going to be installing a Daikin VRV-S in my home with four indoor ducted units (model FXSQ). I am looking for a controller that can either work with the standard Daikin controller or stand alone.

I need this controller to be able to operate supplemental heat if a zone drops below the set temp. I would also like this controller to monitor humidity levels in each zone and switch the indoor units to Dry when a set humidity level is exceeded.

I would like there to be only a simple remote sensor and humidity sensor in each zone.

Is there a Daikin controller that can function this way or a third party controller?

Thank you.

Thana
13-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Yep there right, you can use any of the other BRC51 controllers to address the Vam units. You have to wire P1-P2 in the Vam units, then address them using numerical numbers. i.e. the numbers after the last fan coil you have addressed, example: group control last fan coil 1-10, then start your vams 1-11 and so on doing every vam unit in this way. If you push and hold the test button for 5 seconds if you have wired them correctly you will see group- 00 flashing, so use the timer up button to address and when you are on the right number push the timer button to confirm the group number should then stop flashing which means you've saved the address. Also go to setting 17 and install 17-02-02. You will now see then vam units in the i touch controller. If your not leaving a controler then don't forget to set the mode for the vams i suggest heat exchange mode..push test once ore and your sorted.

frank
13-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Yep there right, you can use any of the other BRC51 controllers to address the Vam units. You have to wire P1-P2 in the Vam units, then address them using numerical numbers. i.e. the numbers after the last fan coil you have addressed, example: group control last fan coil 1-10, then start your vams 1-11 and so on doing every vam unit in this way. If you push and hold the test button for 5 seconds if you have wired them correctly you will see group- 00 flashing, so use the timer up button to address and when you are on the right number push the timer button to confirm the group number should then stop flashing which means you've saved the address. Also go to setting 17 and install 17-02-02. You will now see then vam units in the i touch controller. If your not leaving a controler then don't forget to set the mode for the vams i suggest heat exchange mode..push test once ore and your sorted.
Am I missing something here????
How does this answer the first posters question???

Matty
14-05-2008, 12:17 AM
get a daikin I-controller (intelligent control) either get direct from daikin or someone like spaceair....it'll do all you need....

mchild
14-05-2008, 03:40 PM
get a daikin I-controller (intelligent control) either get direct from daikin or someone like spaceair....it'll do all you need....

Matty,

Thank you.

I have looked through the documentation that I have seen on the I-controller, but did not see any specific reference that indicated how to do this. Can you point me to technical documentation that will detail this? Also, would I need other add-on devices (PCBs or such) to interface with the supplemental heat and humidity sensors?

Thanks again.

Thana
14-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry posted to the wrong question..replying to question on vam units...

r0ss
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it saves creating a new one. Hopefully someone can help with a few questions i have regarding Thana's post and addressing units to the I-touch controller.

You say to address the VAMs after the Fan Coils. Is this good practice or a necessity? I have VAM units on a system linked in the middle of the F1 F2 daisy chain - does this matter to put the VAM unit as the last addressed unit? Personally i would have thought to go around the same ordered route i have taken with the transmission cable from the cable to each unit rather than mixing numbers up a bit.

Ive seen the address setting 17 for VAM units come up in another post. Do i create the 17-02-02 ordered number using the timer up and down arrows again? And this settings allows for wider control of the VAM from the I-touch, right?

Hopefully someone can help. I cant seem to find any literature online and in the coming weeks im going to be addressing 124 units and i would hate to muck it up :)

Cheers

sinewave
01-10-2009, 10:41 PM
These are all the rage in the US at the moment!

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/products/wireless/prestige/prestige_feature.html

Quite fancy one myself! :)

mchild
02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
These are all the rage in the US at the moment!

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/products/wireless/prestige/prestige_feature.html

Quite fancy one myself! :)

Yes, I am in the US and Honeywell does have the best system controls in this market. But, these are not communicating systems. They do monitor temp and humidity and can call for a system to run in cool mode with a reduced fan speed to drop the evaporator temp so that maximum dehumidification occurs will minimizing over cooling.

Same on providing humidification during the cold months. The control can monitor the out door temp and adjust the amount of humidity that is added inside in order to reduce the occurrence of sweating the inside windows.

Also, these are "Smart" controls where it learns the time it takes to recover the temp after a period of set back. If you reduce the heating temp over night, but want it back at your normal temp when you rise in the morning it will adjust the run time to accomplish this. Instead of trying to figure out how long it will take for the temp to rise, you program the control for the time you want it to be that temp - say 7:00 in the morning. On colder mornings it will take longer to recover the temp and the control will adapt and start warming the space sooner.

Finally, this controls are so easy to program I suspect a child could program one. Daikin and others could learn something about controls from Honeywell.