PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to find a job!!! HELP!!!!!

guyeves
13-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi there ive recently completed and succesfully passes a 15 day course up in Doncaster, i know this is no match for experience in this sector but im finding it very difficult to find anyone willing to take on someone at a trainne level ........

Anyone know of anywhere recruiting right now in Llondon or home counties???

Many thanks...

Guy

marc5180
23-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Why dont you look in the Yellow pages for Air Con/refrigeration companies and either phone them up or send them you CV. the more companies you send to then the more chance you have of being taken on in my opinion.

liam
23-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Alight m8 i no how you feel i was in the same boat 12 months ago. i just wrote off to about 30 companies 3 got back and offerd me placements 2 of them was working away 6 days a week which isnt most blokes cup of tea, yr best bet is try the larger companies as they wont expect you to work 14hours a day for crap money

chillin out
23-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Why is it that we keep hearing the same story here?
People do a short course on refrigeration and then try hard to get a job without success.

@guyeves and liam, what made you do the course in the first place?
Who pointed it out to you?

I think there is nothing wrong with you or anyone else doing the course, I just wouldn't want to think tutors are selling these things on the promise of a job.

Chillin:):)

liam
24-05-2008, 08:39 PM
i didnt do a course !!

taz24
24-05-2008, 09:17 PM
You will not get a job with a fridge company because you have done a few days on a training course. You will get a job if you have what the company requires.
What else do you know?
You need to sell yourself?
do you have electrical or mechanical experience?

If you want sombody to employ you, you need to offer them what they need or you need to have somthing that will get you noticed.

taz

US Iceman
25-05-2008, 02:02 AM
What did the 15 day course cover for topics?

That is not a very long class at all to get a job in this business. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the skill sets you may have learned in 15 days won't entice an employer to give you serious consideration unless he has an opening for un-skilled labor and you don't mind manual labor.

bigheart
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
hello all iam hvac enginner i finished my studies last year and no work in north of africa iwant to travel to golf maybe i can find work and maybe we can give me some advices about dis thx alot

nadeem
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I am 14 years experienced in Referigeration, air conditioning and Electrical Troubleshooter of complex controls of heavy equipments( Reefers, Chillers, Dx units, Package Units, Auto Mobile Units, splits Units, Demag Cranes, Steam Generators, computer networking, electrical installation, Cable jointing etc.

I am persently working as a supervisor and foreman for a huge company in Kuwait. Interested to do job or business in UK.

I have ideas to Operate maintenance and contracting company for the any above mentioned skills.

Interested mail me to mnm_kuwait@hotmail.com

Testech
05-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Keep trying !!..I sat my CSCS course and my CCSNG Safety courses and just kept on and on applying for work.
Did my C&G's in the 1990's,so knew the basics..Try and get a job with a small firm,you learn more things.
Good Luck

Nadeem146
05-12-2008, 11:38 AM
You will not get a job with a fridge company because you have done a few days on a training course. You will get a job if you have what the company requires.
What else do you know?
You need to sell yourself?
do you have electrical or mechanical experience?

If you want sombody to employ you, you need to offer them what they need or you need to have somthing that will get you noticed.

taz

what is a potential employer looking for if you have no practical experience? what inclines them to take you on?

once i complete my 6127 and 2078 do i stand a better chance or do i require more for employers to even look twice?

taz24
05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
what is a potential employer looking for if you have no practical experience? what inclines them to take you on?

once i complete my 6127 and 2078 do i stand a better chance or do i require more for employers to even look twice?

Not all frigies started out as fridge. Other trades do move to fridge. You need to be able to offer the potential employer somthing they need. Do you have an electrical background, plumber, maintenance fitter or something else. If you have just left school and want an apprenteship or if you are just trying to get a break into the trade, I'll tell you what I tell all the others who ask my advise.

Get yourself noticed, be prepared to travel, send out letters with CV's attached, then follow through with a phone call and a personal visit. Do not take no for an answer and be politley persistant. Go back a month later. The fact that you have done your 6127 and 2078 needs bringing to there attention. It proves you are commited.

It is a hard trade to get into, you might have to start with a crappy lower paid job but I garentee that once you get on the ladder you will be able to work anywhere you want.

All the best.

Cheers taz.

Nadeem146
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
thank you so much for your reply,

i hope somebody says Yes alot sooner than later, as soon as i get my foot in the industry i will post!