PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

tonto33
13-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi guys

Need some advice, i friend of mine has a small shop of 600 square foot needs to get some air conditioning fitted as choc's etc are melting in heat, thing is i dont do them and he has been quoted 4grand to install a 5.5kw hitachi spilt system. is this the going rate as i thought it was bit to much, am i rite that he is being ripped off or this normal if so than i need to learn how to fit these..

Greengrocer
13-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi guys

Need some advice, i friend of mine has a small shop of 600 square foot needs to get some air conditioning fitted as choc's etc are melting in heat, thing is i dont do them and he has been quoted 4grand to install a 5.5kw hitachi spilt system. is this the going rate as i thought it was bit to much, am i rite that he is being ripped off or this normal if so than i need to learn how to fit these..

Difficult to say not having seen the job. £4k does sound a tad high. Alot will depend on what's included - or more to the point what isn't. I quoted a 6.3kW MHI system today without electrics, 15m pipe-work wall bracket (outdoor 1.8m above ground), condensate pump, no parking / congestion charges & a 1 day install for £2,100+vat.
Sounds like your mate might want to shop arround a bit. I'm all for making a profit but not a killing.

Greengrocer
13-05-2008, 11:00 PM
If your friend needs an alternative quote PM me and I'll get our Coggleshall office to do a survey and quote you something more reasonable. BTW i assume we are talking about high wall systems cos Cassettes or Under Ceiling models would cost more as would the power supply if you wanted the frigee to do it - we have qualified Frig & lekki engineers.