gets very hot inside
but becouse the out door ambiant temp is low
i dont get full cooling
is there any fixes about
THANKS PAUL

The Viking
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Now then,

The ambient "thermostat" might cut the unit off (or prohibit cooling) when the ambient temperature drop. BUT I never heard about it reducing capacity (in fact, at low ambient temperatures it would be better for the unit to run flat out than at reduced speed).

That aside, the ambient temperatures we currently are experiencing here in UK should be well above where any a/c system would start to complain/suffer/cutting out.

My guess is that you got another problem with this unit, most likely a shortage of refrigerant or faulty electronics (sensors/transducers/PCB and so on).

How old is the install?
What's the temperature difference across the indoor unit?
What's the outdoor temperature in your part of the country?
What is the running pressures?
What is the subcooling and/or superheat?

The more information you provide us with, the more accurate solutions you will receive.

paul_h
12-05-2008, 07:02 AM
I think you have other problems rather than low outside ambient as the systems have ways of dealing with that, like slowing down or switching off the outside unit fan motor.
Your problem might be lack off indoor air flow (have you checked the filters,coil and fan in the indoor unit?) or a refrigerant level or flow problem.

wat180
13-05-2008, 06:13 PM
hi viking
thanks for your reply mate
well the install is two years old
no problems with the heating side of things
in winter
in cooling the coil diff ranges from 8oc to 4oc
depending on ambiant there are no fault codes present for lack of charge etc
F91=L/P
in the manual it states at between 15-18oc ambiant
max72hz min10hz
22 - 25oc max free min 10hz
37 -38oc max free min 30hz
in rare cases when ambiant rises outside to the higher levels it seems to be ok
its the lower ambiant temp that wont let the scroll compressor wind up hense low diff across indoor coil
and a hot conservatory
now i have heard of a low ambiant invertor unit for server rooms etc but its too late for me
awaiting your reply
once again thanks
paul