PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

ajbarnett
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Daewoo airflow fridge freezer, condensation keeps forming in the top air duct into the fridge and dripping into the fridge compartment (flooding it if left). Any suggestions please?

The firdge and freezer seem to be maintaining temperature. The doors have been left open to 'defrost' for a day or so, then cleaned out - but the problem has recurred.

monkey spanners
11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Not familiar with that model but i'd be looking for a faulty door seal or door not shutting properly, possibly due to floor not being level. Try shutting a piece of paper in the door and then try pulling it out, some resistance should be felt, go all round the door to check the sealing.
And also a blocked drain, i'd check this first. There will likley be a small plastic pipe from the evaporator drip tray/area leading down to a plastic pan on top of the compressor at the back of the fridge, the heat from the compressor gets rid of the water normally unless the pipe gets blocked.

Jon

ajbarnett
15-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for that. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice.

The freezer is now defrosing and I'll try to blow through the vent pipe after a couple of days.

-A-

albionharley
15-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi how old is the fridge/freezer and how long after you have defrosted does it start to drip water ?