PDA

View Full Version : Hose is too short!

peterfoster
11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I've got a new portable airconditioning unit (A D'Longhi Pinguino PAC C110) but the exhaust hose is too short to reach the window necessitating situating the unit on a box in order for the exhaust hose to reach the window! As this is rather inconvenient, I was hoping that I could acquire a (longer) replacement or, maybe, an extension hose. The existing hose is around 12cm in diameter. Any advice would be gratefully received. I live in the UK.

nike123
11-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I've got a new portable airconditioning unit (A D'Longhi Pinguino PAC C110) but the exhaust hose is too short to reach the window necessitating situating the unit on a box in order for the exhaust hose to reach the window! As this is rather inconvenient, I was hoping that I could acquire a (longer) replacement or, maybe, an extension hose. The existing hose is around 12cm in diameter. Any advice would be gratefully received. I live in the UK.

If you extend that hose, you are then lowering amount of air at condenser (because oh higher static pressure), and that could easy lead to damage of compressor (overheating).
Try to find better location, or change hose diameter to bigger (150mm) right after unit.

peterfoster
11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks, nike123.

taz24
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks, nike123.

Go to B&Q or wicks and buy a tumbledryer hose. Exactly what you want.
Any pressure drop on the longer hose will be negligable, as long as you don't run it hundreds of mtrs:confused:.

Cheers taz.

peterfoster
12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Go to B&Q or wicks and buy a tumbledryer hose. Exactly what you want.
Any pressure drop on the longer hose will be negligable, as long as you don't run it hundreds of mtrs:confused:.

Cheers taz.

Soumds good, Taz but I don't believe our American cousins will understand a word of It! But I do and I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I get on! Thanks!

peterfoster
01-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Soumds good, Taz but I don't believe our American cousins will understand a word of It! But I do and I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I get on! Thanks!

Sadly, both B & Q and Wickes do not sell hose of the required diameter so I've opted for plan B which is to elevate the unit by 10 inches or so by standing it on a box thus rendering the existing hose the required length to reach the window....

chemi-cool
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Can't you just move the unit closer to the window??;)

Chemi :)

Karl Hofmann
01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Or even better, have a nice little split unit installed, quieter and out of the way... I'm sure that there will be someone here who may be able to put you one in at a very reasonable price :cool:

peterfoster
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Can't you just move the unit closer to the window??;)

Chemi :)

Stupid, boy, Chemi....

peterfoster
01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Or even better, have a nice little split unit installed, quieter and out of the way... I'm sure that there will be someone here who may be able to put you one in at a very reasonable price :cool:

Wouldn't that involve damaging the fabric of my residence....

Viz - (for Chemi) - making a hole in the wall....

wambat
01-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi American cousin here> this web site should get what you need :)
http://www.ducting.com/Short_Section_Hoses.html

Karl Hofmann
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't that involve damaging the fabric of my residence....

Viz - (for Chemi) - making a hole in the wall....

Yup.. around 3 inch diameter... you can't fit a burglar through that but You can through an open window..:eek: