LOL, that must be a HVAC thing!

TDI
11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
LOL, that must be a HVAC thing!

100% HVAC :cool::o :D

The Viking
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
No, it's not a HVAC thing.

Actually, that picture is taken from page 3 of the handbook used in the basic training to become a chef!

monkey spanners
11-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Actually, that picture is taken from page 3 of the handbook used in the basic training to become a chef!

I believe that picture was originally taken from "The Dairy Farmers Handbook" between the page on tieing things up with string and the page on using old chemical drums for diesel :D

absolute-zero
11-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Its good to see extreme deversity in a an individual such as what the Viking has. A chef and HVAC professional. Your parents must be proud. The fuse guide was awsome, as well I hope that you, nor anyone, else including equipement was injured during the learning stages of this great guide.A-Z

The Viking
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Its good to see extreme deversity in a an individual such as what the Viking has. A chef and HVAC professional.

:eek:

Last time I tried to cook for more than 5 people I had to notify the local hospital:confused:

However, back in my youth I used to work on the commercial side of things.

Once I went to a site where the electrical mains in to the building had been knocked out and the powerboard's sparkies had traced it back to the kitchen's refrigeration plant...
You guessed it, one of the compressors were solid down to earth.
But not only that, all the cables going to the unit were melted, copper wires going straight between the clips with the plastic looped below, the controls a blast zone :eek:

Quick inspection of the fuse board (European bottle type, screwed in fuses) directly showed why the local fuse hadn't blown... It were wrapped in commercial strength kitchen foil!!:(

The rewiring costed them more than the new compressor...

absolute-zero
11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
:eek:

Last time I tried to cook for more than 5 people I had to notify the local hospital:confused:

However, back in my youth I used to work on the commercial side of things.

Once I went to a site where the electrical mains in to the building had been knocked out and the powerboard's sparkies had traced it back to the kitchen's refrigeration plant...
You guessed it, one of the compressors were solid down to earth.
But not only that, all the cables going to the unit were melted, copper wires going straight between the clips with the plastic looped below, the controls a blast zone :eek:

Quick inspection of the fuse board (European bottle type, screwed in fuses) directly showed why the local fuse hadn't blown... It were wrapped in commercial strength kitchen foil!!:(

The rewiring costed them more than the new compressor...

I see this occasionally in transport units. I guess Willie Hackem gets around the world.

abbsnowman
11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
We had a harness go up because a tek wraped a strip of copper arount an ATO fuse. His excuse to the customer was that the engineers had miscalculate amp draws of the cirquit and this was the suggested procedure for repair. Stinky when they cook like that!
Viking, I'm with ya buddy. I couldn't cook well at all unless its on the BBQ. I actualy make a great Bacon and eggs on the BBQ!

By the way, nice to see everyone getting along today!:cool:
Phone your mom and thank your wife. Its mothers day!

absolute-zero
11-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I actualy make a great Bacon and eggs on the BBQ!

What time should I come over???

abbsnowman
12-05-2008, 02:25 AM
I open my summer place this thursady so come on over! You could expense it!