PDA

View Full Version : sanyo fault

airconadam
09-05-2008, 10:34 PM
hey again fellas, Got called to a unit on tuesday which i had previous been to about amonth before due to small split in one of the pipes on the comp, cant remember exactly which one it was now but i think it was the oil line from comp to comp? anyway repaired it vacced out etc etc and all working fine job done. So tuesday got a call back and on the way there thinking surely its not split again:eek: ,arrived at site found controllers faulting E04 (safety device activated?) went to the outdoor unit found no power to the outdoor and mcb tripped? I turned the isolator off and turned the mcb on so i could be next to the unit as i turned power on at the isolator,turned the isolator on and the HIC board started flashing and making a arching noise so i tried to turn it off rite away and before i could it tripped the mcb and yes it did scare me:eek:. Spoke to sanyo and he told me to alter dip switches etc to disable the HIC board which runs the inverter and then we could test the other comps and boards but when i went to the controllers it was faulting P05 he then said if it was me i would change all the boards as there is no test to check the others. I then told him about the previous leak etc and he said it could of blown the boards due to lack of oil there was only a small amount of oil on the bottom of the unit and nothing really to worry about, but how do i know how much to put in? iknow each compressor holds 1.9L from what i can remember and i cant possibly remove any oil what is in the compressor's and pipework unless i remove them etc just really wanted to know what you fellas would do in this situation and which way to go about it? i wouldnt like to add say 3L of oil and put to much in then exactly the same happens or it blows the compressor's etc sorry to go on so much but just wanted you to get the full story the model number is SPW-CR1304GDZH8 thanks alot

adam

nike123
09-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Slow down a little.Take service manual and start troubleshoot that error by disconnecting one by one compressor, checking his insulation and resistance. If OK then finding which PCB is makes tripping of MCB and etc....
Service is sequential process.

airconadam
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
hey nike i know and found out which pcb was tripping mcb it was the HIC which is the inverter compressor i checked all 3 compressors while on the phone to sanyo and all checked out ok????? thanks alot

adam

Husky250
13-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Adam,
The E-04 fault code is a communication issue. Not a surprise given you had no power on the outdoor PCB. The P-05 fault ( Reverse Phase ) I see alot. Usually pops up at start-up. When P-05 is indicated Im suspect of incoming power. P-05 could be result of one of three phases being missing. How long is the run time on your equipment, and have you had voltage problems in the past. HIC boards just dont fail usually. I know there is always first time, but I would really investigate your in-coming voltage. Hope this helps you

hey nike i know and found out which pcb was tripping mcb it was the HIC which is the inverter compressor i checked all 3 compressors while on the phone to sanyo and all checked out ok????? thanks alot

adam

airconadam
13-05-2008, 08:25 PM
hey husky system has been up and running within 12 months so its not that old,ihad power to all 3 phases and they never had any power cuts etc thanks agian

adam