PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Replace Technology

Daikin=Overated
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I wondered if anyone had any dealings with the Mitsubishi Electric replace technology.

I'm interested in replacing an older system where pipework is restricted, and the Mitsi replace option would be ideal.

Trouble is having spoken to Mitsi, I'm led to believe that my existing systems liquid line being 1/4" is too small and thus Mitsi apply correction factors that limit my indoor/outdoor seperation to 10m.....no good!

Are any other manufacturers offering similar technology, and has anyone her worked with this replacement technology before.........
if so I would be interested in your comments?

Apparantely up to 10kw you plug and play, anything above you switch a dip switch that bypases the refrigerent through a filtering stage for 2 hrs before switching back over again. Amazing stuff!

Many thanks.

J.

Greengrocer
09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I wondered if anyone had any dealings with the Mitsubishi Electric replace technology.

I'm interested in replacing an older system where pipework is restricted, and the Mitsi replace option would be ideal.

Trouble is having spoken to Mitsi, I'm led to believe that my existing systems liquid line being 1/4" is too small and thus Mitsi apply correction factors that limit my indoor/outdoor seperation to 10m.....no good!

Are any other manufacturers offering similar technology, and has anyone her worked with this replacement technology before.........
if so I would be interested in your comments?

Apparantely up to 10kw you plug and play, anything above you switch a dip switch that bypases the refrigerent through a filtering stage for 2 hrs before switching back over again. Amazing stuff!

Many thanks.

J.

Is this a VRF system or a single Split?
If its a split then Tosh series 3 Digital Inverter (DI) models have replace technology (Note that the more efficient SDI models do not have it). A 1/4" liquid line gets you up to a nominal 5kW indoor unit (H.wall, Under ceiling, ducted or Cassette).
Speak to Tech guys at AMP on 01707 378 670 who should be able to assist further. Good luck

thebigcheese
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
can u not just flush the pipework urself?

Daikin=Overated
10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Cheers for the replies!

Excellent I'll check out the toshiba range thanks for letting me know.

J